VOGONS

First post, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Now for the "stupid" question of the day:

Occasionally with my wireless headphones the sound will cut out in one ear or the other. May be due to wearing hearing aids or maybe
it's the electrical interference with the mobo sound. So I'm thinking about trying a DAC for clean sound but does that mean I have
to drop kick my wireless headphones and go wired?

If any of you out there use a DAC perhaps care to share how you got it setup and what model?

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1 of 3, by subnet_zero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Are you sure the problem doesn't come from the headphones in the first place? You could check like if the problem still occurs with other headphones.
Or check those wireless headphones on another pc.

Reply 2 of 3, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, will need to do some more troubleshooting. Did try listening w/o hearing aids with volume cranked but
my "natural" hearing is all but nil so that was a dead end.

The headphones are a quality brand (sennheiser) so would like to think it's not the culprit.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 3 of 3, by subnet_zero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good luck.
Three weeks ago, I somehow notice that the right of the stereo speaker does not work. They can be use standalone or in pairs. I tried desperately to make them work again as a stereo pair, switching every single option in there build in menu. Then I decided to boot up windows and had instantly both working. From there on, I know the speakers are okay and their internal settings are also okay. It has to be something with the Ubuntu OS I'm running or with it's settings. It can't be the OS itself, because the usb audio dac from the speakers are supported for a long time. (I know this for sure, because it once was another problem.) I found the right channel muted in a program (pavucontrol) I have never used before but it fixes the problem.