VOGONS

First post, by God Of Gaming

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, today I bought this card, the Terratec DMX Advanced Audio Accelerator, to add it to my collection. It appears to be from 1999. Has the ESS Canyon3D ES1970M-3D chipset.

GrU1JO2.jpg

I am having surprisingly lots of trouble finding any drivers for it to test it. Looks like originally it had a win95/98/ME driver and a NT4 driver, no win2k/XP drivers appear to have been released. After checking terratec's site with the wayback machine, I can see the win9x driver filename is DMX_Drv_VXD_4.06.00.806B.exe, and the NT4 driver is DMX_Drv_NT4_4.03.00.2110.exe. There is also DMX_ControlPanel.exe separate download, probably software for configuring the card. I cannot find working download links for these anywhere online. I get results for the newer DMX 6Fire and X-Fire models but not for this one. Not finding anything on Vogons Drivers Library either. Can I please get some assistance? Anyone still keep the drivers for his?

1999 Dream PC project | DirectX 8 PC project | 2003 Dream PC project

Reply 1 of 6, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Drivers are available here:

http://terratec.ultron.info/audio/DMX/Update/

Also includes the MIDI samplesets.

I've attached the drivers here as a mirror. It looks to me (according the index.txt file) as they include the control panel application.

Attachments

• Filename
    DMX_App_Drv_VXD_4.06.00.806B.exe
    File size
    4.88 MiB
    Downloads
    43 downloads
    File comment
    DMX Windows 95/98/ME drivers 4.06
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    DMX_App_Drv_NT4_4.03.00.2110.exe
    File size
    3.68 MiB
    Downloads
    36 downloads
    File comment
    DMX NT4 drivers 4.03
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 6, by God Of Gaming

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you. I didn't know of this site, wasn't showing up in google search results either. I will test it in a bit

Reply 3 of 6, by God Of Gaming

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got the card to work, and, from a quick test I can see its a nice card, has clean sound quality, lots of driver options, sound blaster emulation for dos and wavetable connector, 4-speaker surround and Sensaura 3D support for windows, overall quite pleased with it... I think in my 1999 build I will try to stick all 3 of the aureal vortex 2, the sb live and this terratec dmx, so I can do some direct comparisons between them 😀

Reply 4 of 6, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
God Of Gaming wrote on 2021-03-28, 09:16:

I think in my 1999 build I will try to stick all 3 of the aureal vortex 2, the sb live and this terratec dmx, so I can do some direct comparisons between them 😀

I think there may be some driver conflicts if you install all three at once.

Anyhow, be sure to test Unreal Tournament '99 with Sensaura. Personally, I like it better than A3D and EAX in that particular game.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 5 of 6, by God Of Gaming

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

driver conflicts, certainly, if its the same OS, but my approach is to multiboot several copies of windows, and in each of them to have only one card enabled in device manager, and only drivers for that card installed, with the other cards disabled... seems to be a good way to avoid the resource and driver conflicts

Reply 6 of 6, by aaronk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@vetz Thanks so much for providing the drivers. I have the same sound card and didn’t find the drivers anywhere. Until I found this thread 😀

The sound card is working perfectly fine on Windows 98SE, but in DOS, the volume is very low. Any idea how to fix this? I’m trying with Jazz Jackrabbit 1.

AMD Athlon 700 MHz / 64 MB RAM / 32 GB SD Card / ATI RADEON 7000 AGP / Terratec DMX Advanced Audio Accelerator / Windows 98 SE