VOGONS

First post, by StaffelGuard1917

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, people ! Tried an Eiger PCMCIA sound card with the original drivers - using Compaq Contura 430CX laptop - in win 95 works fine, even it's possible to listen to MP3 on a DX4-100 (with lowered bitrate and in mono, but anyway). But in dos something goes wrong... Maybe anybody has such card and can help to solve that problem ?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    Filename
    3.jpg
    File size
    83.48 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 2.jpg
    Filename
    2.jpg
    File size
    200.61 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • 1.jpg
    Filename
    1.jpg
    File size
    100.74 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1 of 6, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

List your config.sys and autoexec.bat.
You're probably lacking Cardsoft Socket and Card Services, or you're using the wrong enabler.
There are 2 very similar enablers, the one for the Fujitsu branded card is not exactly the same as the one for the Eiger branded one.

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 3 of 6, by StaffelGuard1917

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lolo799 wrote on 2021-06-22, 20:01:

List your config.sys and autoexec.bat.
You're probably lacking Cardsoft Socket and Card Services, or you're using the wrong enabler.
There are 2 very similar enablers, the one for the Fujitsu branded card is not exactly the same as the one for the Eiger branded one.

I tried to find all that soft, but can't find a working link to download... maybe you can send it to me ?

Last edited by StaffelGuard1917 on 2021-06-23, 09:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 6, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Exact same card worked for me with these drivers. Note it does not require CS and SS, at least on my Thinkpad 360CE http://nwserveur.no-ip.org/win3xorg/devices/P … rs/audiow31.exe

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 5 of 6, by StaffelGuard1917

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bondi wrote on 2021-06-23, 09:27:

Exact same card worked for me with these drivers. Note it does not require CS and SS, at least on my Thinkpad 360CE http://nwserveur.no-ip.org/win3xorg/devices/P … rs/audiow31.exe

thanks ! I'll try these files in a few days - now I'm out of the city for a week or so...

Reply 6 of 6, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
StaffelGuard1917 wrote on 2021-06-23, 03:29:

I tried to find all that soft, but can't find a working link to download... maybe you can send it to me ?

Look for Systemsoft cardview on archive.org.

Bondi wrote on 2021-06-23, 09:27:

The readme mentions requiring CSS to work, but that's probably more to supports a variety of chipsets, different memory config and for hotplugging the card.

In that driver pack, you will need to use the ones from the Win3.x\disk1\ESSET directory, not those found in the DOS directory.

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics