VOGONS

Reply 40 of 43, by Grem Five

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2022-03-26, 22:31:

I posted pics in the bought this retro hardware today thread.

I'll have to do some testing with it and I'll post the results and also upload the driver CD.

I know this is off topic from this thread but I have the same model of that card I picked up on ebay last year for like $7 but mine has a different chip on it and is missing the s/pdif out.

Mine has the Canyon3D 2Lite Es1990s

T6t0zZAl.jpg

edit: I remember d/ling the manual from the fcc.report site so I went back and looked and they have pictures of the 2 versions - one with s/pdif and one without. https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/LWHA501-U7/155334

edit2: Looking at the datasheets ES1992 has 6-speaker, 5.1 channel support - Five-band hardware equalization - S/PDIF digital output that the ES1990 doesnt.

Reply 42 of 43, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It will probably be a couple weeks before I can do some testing and recording due to work obligations.

I already have a system mostly put together but haven't had the time to actually do anything with it.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 43 of 43, by Grem Five

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
retrohater wrote on 2022-04-01, 17:17:

Grem Five:
Thank you for posting.

Would you be able to comment on the capability of this card? Gaming performance, audio API compatibility in games (EAX, A3D, etc). DOS compatibility?

I'm not even sure if I tested this card it was just so cheap and seemed interesting that I added it to my collection and havent gotten back around to it so nothing I can comment on. =/