VOGONS

First post, by UltimateElectronic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

G'day all,

I've got a Mozart OTI605 sound card, as an interesting side note, it has a very odd pin header connector, not the traditional ISA connector, coming from the Italian OEM Olivetti (it was made in Italy). I've found that the OTI601, or at least the
drivers, seem to be more common. Are the drivers cross compatible across cards in Windows 3.1? Thanks in advance!
UltimateElectronicFun

Reply 1 of 5, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

605 is not compatible with 601 drivers. I am not sure if win3.x drivers exist, I couldn't find anything online and I only managed to extract 9x driver out of a setup on an Olivetti machine : Oak Mozart OTI605 drivers for Win95/98

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 5, by UltimateElectronic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tiido wrote on 2022-05-05, 10:37:

605 is not compatible with 601 drivers. I am not sure if win3.x drivers exist, I couldn't find anything online and I only managed to extract 9x driver out of a setup on an Olivetti machine : Oak Mozart OTI605 drivers for Win95/98

Ahh ok, thank you so much for them, I found a dead link to those exact same drivers! I figured worst case scenario I'd just need to upgrade the OS, which isn't at all a problem. I take it Win9x drivers aren't compatible with 3.x drivers? No problem if not, but probably no harm in trying since I have 3.1 install disks on hand if anything goes wrong.

Reply 3 of 5, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The package is definitely not meant for win3.x and cannot be installed there as is, but manually created installation may work (updating SYSTEM.INI etc. the right way) but who knows... It is not something I have tried to do or am going to.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 4 of 5, by UltimateElectronic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tiido wrote on 2022-05-20, 05:36:

The package is definitely not meant for win3.x and cannot be installed there as is, but manually created installation may work (updating SYSTEM.INI etc. the right way) but who knows... It is not something I have tried to do or am going to.

Yeah I figured. I might try it before giving up and sticking 95 on it.

Reply 5 of 5, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try to install it with DOS driver and setup Win 3.1 with internal Soundblaster (Pro) driver 😀

Add this to CONFIG.SYS :
DEVICE=MZTINIT.SYS /MA330 /MI9 /a220 /d1 /i7 /g /n /v7

(Address, IRQ, DMA maybe different for you system)

Add this to AUTOEXEC.BAT if you want a volume control TSR :
MZTVOL.EXE

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉