VOGONS

First post, by Arvid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

I´m having a hard time changing the MPU port on a CT2760 AWE32 card from 330 to 300. There´s a jumper to change to change this setting but it´s not doing anything. I had this problem earlier with another card and managed to solve it by using the EEPROM jumper but it´s such a long time ago that I cannot remember exactly how I solved it. I have this version of the card https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/sound-cards-mult … R-AWE32-CT.html

What´s the program that allows you to change resources for this card? Diagnose.exe only seems to let you confirm what the correct settings are, not change anything.

The computer is running Windows 98 SE and I have also set up a reboot to pure DOS from windows 98. I also have a PC MIDI card installed so that´s why I want to change the MPU address of the AWE32 to use port 330 with the PC MIDI card for best compatibility with games using MIDI music.

Reply 1 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have no real experience with AWE cards but here is a couple of thoughts:
a. change address via windows device manager, maybe it sticks under DOS too? at least under windows environment this setting should be respected
b. for DOS use unisound, if your BLASTER variable is P300 then unisound will initialize the AWE mpu at port300

I hope this helps somehow until someone presents us with the proper solution 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 4, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Arvid wrote on 2022-05-28, 10:32:

I´m having a hard time changing the MPU port on a CT2760 AWE32 card from 330 to 300. There´s a jumper to change to change this setting but it´s not doing anything. I had this problem earlier with another card and managed to solve it by using the EEPROM jumper but it´s such a long time ago that I cannot remember exactly how I solved it. I have this version of the card https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/sound-cards-mult … R-AWE32-CT.html

OK, so you have an CT2760 R3. The MPU interface is supposed to be jumperable by the MSEL jumper next to the EEPROM jumper. The EEPROM jumper is about the CD interface. The CT2760 rev 3 has the CD interface configuration stored in an EEPROM, while all other basic settings are jumpered. There is a special CD-ROM interface setup tool that only applies to this specific type of Sound Blaster. You might be able to find 2760r3cd.exe at other places without downloading the whole 700MB collection.

Possibly the CD interface conflicts with the MPU port at 300h, so reconfiguring the CD interface might be a the right way to approach your issue.

Reply 3 of 4, by Arvid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I already tried setting the resources in the windows device manager and using Unisound. This did not work and unisound configures it at port 330 even if the blaster variable is set to P300. I was able to find out about the 2760r3cd.exe through some searching on my own as well, apparently this software should be used to change the MPU port in the EEPROM as well as configuring the CD interfaces, I´ll give it a try later tonight. I wonder why creative made a jumper for setting the MPU port if you still have to configure it in the EEPROM, though I guess strange bugs is Creatives thing 😜