First post, by dreamblaster
EDIT 25.06.2023 : X16 and X16GS are now released !
X16 is a High End Waveblaster + USB synthesizer board.
It also exists in X16GS - gamer's edition (with licensed Dream/Roland GS bank - for DOS gaming purposes).
Together with Hummtaro, the tools and soundbanks were finalized.
X16 will be preloaded with multiple soundbanks.
In this thread i will document the features, post demos and provide additional support/information.
Documentation : https://serdaco.com/downloads/X16/X16_Documentation/
Hardware Specs :
- High End 16 core Dream 5000 series synth chip (SAM5716B), with up to 256 voice polyphony
- Compact high quality green, gold plated PCB, 53mm x 77mm
- Super low latency < 1ms
- 8 MByte SDRAM for high quality effects
- 1 GByte Flash for soundbanks
- 2x13 Waveblaster header for integration on DOS sound cards and custom projects
- Up to 400mA current consumption at 5V, when using all DSP cores.
- USB-MIDI interface (Class compliant), USB mini connector
- Stereo out, high quality 24 bit 112 dB DNR DAC
- Expansion header for future expansion / OEM projects
- High quality Dream synth engine, compatible with Dream 5000 SDK for custom soundbank design
- High quality GS compatible reverb and chorus
- 3 Stereo Insert Multi-Effects blocks (s (Distortion, Equalizer, Compressor, Chorus/Flanger/Phaser/Tremolo/Rotary, Delay), controllable by MIDI.
- 4-bands Equalizer, controllable by MIDI.
- Multi slot soundbank support, fast bank uploading over USB to flash using Serdaco multi slot upload tool - X16Manager.
- Bootloader for updating firmware over USB
- Support for DreamBlaster Presets
X16 (musician's card, without GS license) :
X16GS (gamer's card, with GS license) :
X16/X16GS bottom side:
Synth Signal Processing Overview :