VOGONS

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Got a good story for you guys. Feel free to laugh at me, I deserve it.

OK so I put a voodoo2 in my system and test the card. I fired up Dark forces 2 and plug the voodoo2 into my crt. The card works! But what the green dots? what ever maybe the TMU has a bent pin, so I look for a short vga cable or something I can use for a pass thought cable. I found a 1ft vga cable. JACKPOT!!!

So I plugged the cable in and decided to test Dark forces 2 on my AGP virge gx2. I installed Pstrip and OC'ed the card to 110mhz and disable the voodoo2 via Pstrip. Not too bad for a virge.

Now I can't get the voodoo2 to work any app I try to play with it gets me a black screen, maybe the green dots were a sign that I got a dud. I removed Pstrip, remove the voodoo2 drivers and I cant get it to work. So I started to remove all the installed programs and reg key and so on from the system. you know restore to default. Well I bricked my windows 98 install.
So I put the system aside for now, last night I moved the computer and found out I had the virge plugged into my crt and the voodoo2 had the pass thought cable only plugged into it. And now I'm reading that Dark forces 2 has a odd problem with voodo2's that cause green dots on the screen.

I now feel like the village dumba$$.

TLDR:

I plugged in the pass thought cable into my voodoo2 wrong and did not know it, Bricked my install of windows 98 and thought my card died on me.

Reply 2 of 3, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When moving into my new house last year I set up my desk and my main computer I go to turn it on and nothing so I checked all connections and still nothing. So I changed power supplies and still dead. It turns out the outlet was was on a switch and it was off I felt like a idiot and wasted 2 hours

Reply 3 of 3, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just now I tried to print out a large document.

The whole thing got through and I DID THE BOOKLET DOUBLE-SIDED FLIPPING THING WRONG ARARRRRRAARHRHHRHHGHGHGH

So yeah. Stuff happens.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.