Juko Auto G7-B pic.jpg
File size
1.48 MiB
Views
File comment
Juko Auto G7-B
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I found the jumper settings of a similar one here: http://arvutimuuseum.ee/th99/v/I-L/50442.htm
Unfortunately, this one is not the same as my card (mine also has a couple of switches at the top (9 in total) that I have no idea what their function is).

Does someone perhaps have the manual or jumper settings for this particular model?

Reply 1 of 14, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just a follow up - I managed to track down the manual for this card.
Attached to this post

Attachments

• Filename
    Juko Auto G7-B.pdf
    File size
    4.27 MiB
    Downloads
    149 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 14, by kdr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jesolo wrote on 2020-08-07, 19:52:

Attached to this post

Thanks for posting the manual for this card!

I just found one of these in a recently-acquired "Logi 88-XT".

Did you ever find the driver diskette for this card? I'm interested in the ability to switch between the MDA mode and CGA emulation [16 shades of grey, such wow!]. Sadly the graphics chipset on this card is one of those weird "UDL" ones which have zero information available.

Reply 3 of 14, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It has RTC and WINCHESTER, IO ports and VIDEO, but no FLOPPY if i understand it correctly? COM2 UART socket is emty?

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 4 of 14, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kdr wrote on 2020-09-23, 07:51:
jesolo wrote on 2020-08-07, 19:52:

Attached to this post

I just found one of these in a recently-acquired "Logi 88-XT".

Did you ever find the driver diskette for this card? I'm interested in the ability to switch between the MDA mode and CGA emulation [16 shades of grey, such wow!]. Sadly the graphics chipset on this card is one of those weird "UDL" ones which have zero information available.

Unfortunately not.
You mentioned that you found one in a PC? Did it have a hard drive? If so, it might be on there?

Reply 5 of 14, by kdr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jesolo wrote on 2020-09-23, 09:37:

Unfortunately not.
You mentioned that you found one in a PC? Did it have a hard drive? If so, it might be on there?

Sadly the HDD (a Fuji FK309-26 MFM drive hooked up to an Adaptec RLL controller) doesn't spin up when power is applied, so it's going into the "maybe fix it later" bin for now.

I would like to eventually recover data from the drive and see what this Logi 88-XT got up to in its previous life.

Reply 6 of 14, by kdr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cyberdyne wrote on 2020-09-23, 08:06:

but no FLOPPY if i understand it correctly?

Floppy connector is the 34-pin header at the extreme end of the card.

My card also has an empty spot for the second UART chip.

I'm excited to try the CGA emulation (using the jumpers to 'force' that mode) and see how it looks on my MDA monitors. And check how accurate it is: what will 8088 MPH do to the poor thing?

Reply 7 of 14, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

CN10 and CN9 are winchester data connectors, and this means that this ONLY 34pin header IS winchester control port, and not floppy port. Because if there were 2 34pin connectors, then yes you have winchester ST506/ST412 connector, and a floppy connector. they both have the same pin count, but not the same pinout.

Just saying, that be careful inserting a floppy there.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.

Reply 9 of 14, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK. Then they are with some kind of strange pinout. Because usually com ports are only 9 pin connector. like that MOUSE connector in the right upper corner.

Reply 10 of 14, by dpl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I realize I'm very late to the party but.... I was just looking for more information on this particular card (as I own one in my old XT) and I happen to have the original system disk (which even has a graphical demo or slideshows on it, which I remember from 30 years ago). If anyone here is still interested, I'd be happy to share it.

From this I also remember that this weird but interesting I/O controller also has a joystick port.

Reply 11 of 14, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dpl wrote on 2022-05-16, 20:01:

I realize I'm very late to the party but.... I was just looking for more information on this particular card (as I own one in my old XT) and I happen to have the original system disk (which even has a graphical demo or slideshows on it, which I remember from 30 years ago). If anyone here is still interested, I'd be happy to share it.

From this I also remember that this weird but interesting I/O controller also has a joystick port.

Hi there.
I'd be happy if you could share it.

Reply 14 of 14, by dpl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I managed to track down the 5,25" floppy disk (1987/1988) backup a bit sooner than I had expected...

So here it is, the G7 Utility Program (v4.2) disk that came with the computer.

I'm not sure how it'll run on faster computers but I remember the (graphic) demo ran nicely on XT in 4.77/10 MHz mode, explaining many of the features and settings this card has to offer.

From the G7-READ.ME file:

G7 MONOCHORME GRAPHICS DRIVER includes the following programs: […]
Show full quote

G7 MONOCHORME GRAPHICS DRIVER includes the following programs:

G7-NEWS - Information from other G7 users. Share their information
may help you to use your G7 more effectively.

GWFIX.EXE - Program to fix error in CORONA basic ver 1.4

G7 DEMONSTRATION SET includes :

DEMO.BAT - Type "DEMO" at DOS prompt to run a demonstration of G7.

DEMO - Directory that contains all the necessary programs for demo.
(Note that to run DEMO program, not less than 512K RAM is
necessary.)

Note :

1) For the users using composite color or composite monochrome display mode:

Composite Color mode --- it is recommended to use 40 col x 25 row
in text mode.

Composite Monochrome mode --- In the user's manual, DIP switch in XT mother
board is set to 40 col. x 25 row in text mode.
However, you can select 80 col. x 25 row by
setting position 5 ON and 6 OFF.

2) Since you have obtained the latest version of G7, the G7.COM, G7.SYS
and G7INSTALL.BAT are no longer needed. You can ignore the note to
monochrome graphics mode users in the G7 User's Operation Manual if

it has.

Attachments

• Filename
    G7 Utility program (v.4.2).zip
    File size
    156.83 KiB
    Downloads