VOGONS

First post, by duga3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Was wondering if anyone here knows their way around the hidden service menu and what are the proper settings to adjust things like brightness etc. Similar to what people do with Trinitrons where they adjust something called "G2" with that TTL/USB thingy.

I have had some success already but there are some settings that I have no idea what they do and are marked CAUTION (in red, lol) so I didnt dare to touch them (yet).

So after messing around in the service menu and already getting a better picture, I got to the point where if I increase the brightness in normal user settings over a certain threshold the monitor turns itself off with the power LED slowly blinking. Its as if it reached some sort of a limit (voltage?) that I was wondering could maybe be adjusted with the CAUTION settings in the service menu? The picture is pretty bright right before it shuts itself off. Any ideas?

And by the way, the G2 setting on Trinitrons, does that manage the "cutoff" (as in defines where the black level starts) or is it something else, perhaps something to do with voltages? Or is that the same thing?

Any help is highly appreciated.

98/XP multi-boot system with P55 chipset (build log)
Screenshots
10Hz FM