VOGONS

First post, by hasnopants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have what I *think* is a Radeon 7500 64 MB PCI,made by Diablotek, in one of my machines I am working on. My question is what would be the best way to confirm the Core/Memory clock, ect because I have a bad feeling that it might be a 7500 LE and just want to be sure. I noticed the earliest version of GPU-Z I could find was from 2007 and I wasn't sure if that would be too new or not. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Current Systems:
DIP40|8088|640K|HERCULESGB102|PCSPKR
DIP40|V20|640K|VGA|ADLIB/TNDY/COVOX
S7|P233MMX|128M|S3ViRGEDX/DM3D|SB16
S370|P600MMX|256M|SIS630/DM3DIIX2|SBLIVE!5.1
S775|P43.4|2G|6800GS|SBAUDIGY

Reply 1 of 14, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Everest Home Edition works well and supports Win98. It's known as AIDA64 these days.

EVEREST-Home-Edition2.png
Filename
EVEREST-Home-Edition2.png
File size
53.23 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 14, by BinaryDemon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hasnopants wrote:

I have what I *think* is a Radeon 7500 64 MB PCI,made by Diablotek, in one of my machines I am working on. My question is what would be the best way to confirm the Core/Memory clock, ect because I have a bad feeling that it might be a 7500 LE and just want to be sure. I noticed the earliest version of GPU-Z I could find was from 2007 and I wasn't sure if that would be too new or not. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

I think GPU-Z being too new would only be an issue if you are running an older OS than WinXP.

Check out DOSBox Distro:

https://sites.google.com/site/dosboxdistro/ [*]

a lightweight Linux distro (tinycore) which boots off a usb flash drive and goes straight to DOSBox.

Make your dos retrogaming experience portable!

Reply 3 of 14, by bakemono

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah GPU-Z should still be able to identify old chips. But other options for checking the clock speeds would be PowerStrip or RivaTuner

again another retro game on itch: https://90soft90.itch.io/shmup-salad

Reply 4 of 14, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know about GPU-Z, but CPU-Z has a special Windows 98 edition, at least.
See https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
(Direct link for v1.78)

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 14, by hasnopants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Everest worked perfectly, thanks Swaaye!

Current Systems:
DIP40|8088|640K|HERCULESGB102|PCSPKR
DIP40|V20|640K|VGA|ADLIB/TNDY/COVOX
S7|P233MMX|128M|S3ViRGEDX/DM3D|SB16
S370|P600MMX|256M|SIS630/DM3DIIX2|SBLIVE!5.1
S775|P43.4|2G|6800GS|SBAUDIGY

Reply 6 of 14, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jo22 wrote:

I don't know about GPU-Z, but CPU-Z has a special Windows 98 edition, at least.

Unfortunately, even super old GPU-Z version doesn't work on Win 98.

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98

Reply 7 of 14, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Srandista wrote:

That's a disappointment. 🙁 Maybe the developers of GPU-Z will make a special release, too, if we (community) ask them nicely ?
As long as they still provide Win32 binaries, they might be able to port it back to Win9x.
In contrast to Windows 10, all system resources can be accessed directly (I heard Win10 claimesd the system timer for itself, etc.),
so this should be feasible from a pure tchnical point of view.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 8 of 14, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jo22 wrote:
That's a disappointment. :( Maybe the developers of GPU-Z will make a special release, too, if we (community) ask them nicely ? […]
Show full quote
Srandista wrote:

That's a disappointment. 🙁 Maybe the developers of GPU-Z will make a special release, too, if we (community) ask them nicely ?
As long as they still provide Win32 binaries, they might be able to port it back to Win9x.
In contrast to Windows 10, all system resources can be accessed directly (I heard Win10 claimesd the system timer for itself, etc.),
so this should be feasible from a pure tchnical point of view.

Nope, asked developer about fixing his bugs with rage cards detection. Nothing happened. Author is not interested in support for older hardware.
GPU-Z is only for modern hardware. Anything older than DX7 is not supported and everything from minor companies like S3 or Matrox is also not working.
check this funny error - https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/fu … 9/#post-1415991

So far best software is Aida64, formerly everest. But they are not fixing old bugs, so some cards might be missing. For 2D cards is best Powerstrip....

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 10 of 14, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Then don't use latest version, simple as that. You can find archive of older GPU-Z versions on TPU site, I would recommend something from 0.x.x line. I personally use 0.7.2 on XP.

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98

Reply 13 of 14, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I finally got GPU-Z to work by using 0.7.2. However, it's not very good compared to Everest. It couldn't detect a couple of cards, and when it does detect a card, much of the information is blank. Everest includes much more useful information, so I would recommend it.

Reply 14 of 14, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Which cards you tried?