VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tried to install patch 227d and it complained about missing dlls. I added several before it error on a dll reference and I couldn't move on to the next error. All of them have something to with networking.

Reply 21 of 25, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmm. I'm getting the itch to install 98SE on something and try to figure this out once and for all. I wonder if you need IE6 SP1 installed...

There are also older versions of OldUnreal to try.
https://oldunreal.com/specialpatches.html

Reply 22 of 25, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:

Hmm. I'm getting the itch to install 98SE on something and try to figure this out once and for all. I wonder if you need IE6 SP1 installed...

There are also older versions of OldUnreal to try.
https://oldunreal.com/specialpatches.html

Man you are a wizard. I'll try some of these next.

I didn't install anything relating to networking or the 98 sp3 unofficial patch. I feel like I could manage those dll dependencies, I just don't want to install the kitchen sink.

Reply 23 of 25, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have some bad news. 🤣 I got OldUnreal 227d working without any problems whatsoever. I installed it over a CD install of Unreal 1.0.

98SE
Athlon 64 4000+
nForce3 motherboard (MSI K8N)
2GB RAM (limited to 512MB with HimemX)
80GB HDD
Radeon 9700 Pro (Catalyst 3.7 randomly chosen)
Philips Seismic Edge sound card
DirectX 7.0a

Chipset driver, ethernet driver, NV USB 2.0 driver. Video and sound drivers. DirectX 7.0a. I installed some of my usual convenience stuff - Winrar 3.93, Firefox 2.0.0.20, Driver Cleaner Pro, Irfanview, 3DMark2000, Notepad++.

The sound in OldUnreal 227d was a bit screwy and that was caused by their OpenAL audio engine. I switched Unreal back to Galaxy3D audio and that was fixed.

exVS29YR_t.png

Reply 24 of 25, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:
I have some bad news. :lol: I got OldUnreal 227d working without any problems whatsoever. I installed it over a CD install o […]
Show full quote

I have some bad news. 🤣 I got OldUnreal 227d working without any problems whatsoever. I installed it over a CD install of Unreal 1.0.

98SE
Athlon 64 4000+
nForce3 motherboard (MSI K8N)
2GB RAM (limited to 512MB with HimemX)
80GB HDD
Radeon 9700 Pro (Catalyst 3.7 randomly chosen)
Philips Seismic Edge sound card
DirectX 7.0a

Chipset driver, ethernet driver, NV USB 2.0 driver. Video and sound drivers. DirectX 7.0a. I installed some of my usual convenience stuff - Winrar 3.93, Firefox 2.0.0.20, Driver Cleaner Pro, Irfanview, 3DMark2000, Notepad++.

The sound in OldUnreal 227d was a bit screwy and that was caused by their OpenAL audio engine. I switched Unreal back to Galaxy3D audio and that was fixed.

exVS29YR_t.png

Ha! Sweet! Don't know why it isn't working for me... did you do the fat install of windows 98? I chose to remove a bunch of components I felt I didn't need, otherwise it is stock 98.