VOGONS

First post, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm author of HWiNFO and currently working a lot on improving support of vintage hardware, graphics cards especially. For this I often need VBIOS images, which are quite difficult to find.
To anyone willing to contribute and help, please provide any VBIOSes you have for vintage cards (ISA, VLB, PCI).
Currently I'm in the need of Matrox IS-TITAN/ATLAS/ATHENA based cards (Ultima, Impression) VLB/PCI especially. But anything else will be useful.
Thanks in advance!

Reply 2 of 8, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Also check http://www.vgamuseum.info .
VGA BIOS dumps are often located below the specs table..

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 8, by artiemog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So you're just looking for dumps of the EPROM chips? I only have one or two graphics cards, but I'd be happy to provide those if they'd be useful to you and if I can find an EPROM programmer to borrow. A list of what you already have might be helpful, though, so nobody duplicates any effort.

Reply 6 of 8, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
artiemog wrote:

So you're just looking for dumps of the EPROM chips? I only have one or two graphics cards, but I'd be happy to provide those if they'd be useful to you and if I can find an EPROM programmer to borrow. A list of what you already have might be helpful, though, so nobody duplicates any effort.

Thanks for your offer. Yes, simple dumps of the images, if you have those cards running then it's simple to retrieve them.
I have a large collection of VBIOSes, it would be quite difficult to create a list. Which cards do you have? I will then check if I need them.

Reply 7 of 8, by artiemog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mumak wrote:

Which cards do you have? I will then check if I need them.

I have a WDXLR831 Windows accelerator card (based on a WD90C31 chip) readily available. In storage I have an ATI All-In Wonder Pro (although I think that's actually an early AGP card) and a DEC 486 ISA motherboard with an integrated S3 924 chipset. I may have one or two others as well, but I'd have to look, and it also depends on when your cutoff for cards of interest is.

Reply 8 of 8, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
artiemog wrote:
Mumak wrote:

Which cards do you have? I will then check if I need them.

I have a WDXLR831 Windows accelerator card (based on a WD90C31 chip) readily available. In storage I have an ATI All-In Wonder Pro (although I think that's actually an early AGP card) and a DEC 486 ISA motherboard with an integrated S3 924 chipset. I may have one or two others as well, but I'd have to look, and it also depends on when your cutoff for cards of interest is.

I'm interested in all those 😀