VOGONS

First post, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

i am searching for a BIOS for the MIRO Crystal 20SD VL. My BIOS version (1.00.4) does not have sufficient VBE support. Would be helpfull, if somebody can provide a newer version with better VBE support.

Thanks and best regards

Epox 7KXA Slot A / Athlon 950MHz / Voodoo 5 5500 / PowerVR / 512 MB / AWE32 / SCSI - Windows 98SE

Reply 1 of 8, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is a screenshot of my card:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BmYAAOSwBIVdmF6H/s-l800.jpg

Looks like version is 2.00-01. Would NSSI dump the video BIOS correctly? I don't have any special equipment.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 2 of 8, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hey, thanks! I would try your version on my card. It seems, that you have the second version of the 20SD VL with the S3 DAC.
You can read out the BIOS with NSSI. I will try it and give a feedback 😀

Epox 7KXA Slot A / Athlon 950MHz / Voodoo 5 5500 / PowerVR / 512 MB / AWE32 / SCSI - Windows 98SE

Reply 3 of 8, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

pushing up ...

Is there someone, who can take me a BIOS dump from his/her Miro Crystal 20SD VL?
Thanks a lot in advance and best regards!

Reply 6 of 8, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Crystal 20SD can come with either an S3 864 or an 868, right? Do you think the BIOSes are interchangeable?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 7 of 8, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, at least the VLB version is only available in with Vision864 and i think the PCI Version too. But there are two PCB versions of the VLB version, the older with AT&T DAC and the newer one with S3 DAC. I have the older one - will see what happens ... 😉

Reply 8 of 8, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are you certain? I'm pretty sure I've seen Vision868 versions of the 20SD. Perhaps they had slightly different model numbers, but I thought the PCBs looked damn near identical (kind of like the Stealth64 DRAM and Stealth64 Video DRAM).

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium