VOGONS

First post, by Compenstine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been going through a stack of old hardware and PC's. I came across this 1990 "Groundhog Graphics Rainbow 512kb VGA16" card. I have searched the Internet looking for any information on it. I have only found 1 sellers listing with a pic. I have found no other info on this card. It is running the TSENG et4000ax chipset. When I install it on a MB it will give me video, but, will not even boot to the BIOS. All I get is a text splash screen giving the name of card in rainbow colors then a prompt. I am assuming it may have chip issue but, having it boot to the card before the BIOS and will not go to the BIOS, is strange. I have not ever had a video card do this before. Any other video, in most cases, either boots to the BIOS of the MB or just not work at all. Being a tech for many years this is an issue has my curiosity peeked. 🤣

https://www.almostallexports.com/products/gro … et4000-et4000ax

Is there anyone here that has any knowledge or thoughts on this video card? Has anyone ever had an issue of booting strait to a video card before the BIOS and not go to the BIOS?

Reply 1 of 1, by Compenstine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Image of my card:

Attachments

• groundhog-rainbow-01.jpg
    Filename
    groundhog-rainbow-01.jpg
    File size
    226.02 KiB
    Views