VOGONS

First post, by matte20

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A few years ago I bought a pair of stb 3dfx branded 12mb voodoo2 cards. One had issues while one worked fine. I got my money refunded for the faulty card and was told I could keep it. I bought a 3rd card and that has been working fine.

I saved the faulty one to try to repair at a later time. With 3dfx card pricing through the roof I figured it was time to try to repair it so that I have a spare card. I noticed that it was missing capacitors c26, c33, c50, c65, and the ceramic capacitor on the back side c571. I was able to get the values for the larger capacitors off the other card and install new ones without issue, but I do not know what the c571 values are. Could some one tell me, or point me to the info? I looked at a part list for a creative voodoo2 but it did not match up.

Attached some old photos of what the card was doing. Not sure what is wrong exactly, but I am sure missing components dose not help. I don't really expect to be able to get it working right but figured it is worth trying.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 9, by matte20

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After looking at part diagrams for other 3dfx cards I ordered 100nF 25V x7r ceramic capacitors a couple days ago. Pretty sure that is 0.1uf so sounds like I ordered the right capacitors. Thank you for the info.

Reply 9 of 9, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MaDGyrus wrote on 2021-08-17, 16:02:
I'm not sure if it's worth a separate topic, but I recently got my hands on the Creative CT6670 V2 card, which is missing a few […]
Show full quote

I'm not sure if it's worth a separate topic, but I recently got my hands on the Creative CT6670 V2 card, which is missing a few capacitors. Can anyone help me out with values for those, please?
Creative_CT6670_V2.jpg

Thanks.

scroll down until you see the creative map
Voodoo 2 component map