looking for x1300 win 9x/ME driver

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
darry wrote on 2021-02-21, 05:41:
It apparently works for some people with certain Geforce 7 cards. There are a few success stories on Vogons, AFAICR. Here is one […]
Show full quote
Sphere478 wrote on 2021-02-21, 05:24:
https://toogam.com/software/archive/drivers/v … fici/nv8269.php what about this one? […]
Show full quote

https://toogam.com/software/archive/drivers/v … fici/nv8269.php
what about this one?

edit: I see your new post. checking links.

so the driver exists but doesn't work well?

what about 7 series cards and this driver?

It apparently works for some people with certain Geforce 7 cards. There are a few success stories on Vogons, AFAICR. Here is one : "Madness", One retro PC to rule them all :)
EDIT : But not for everyone Re: Fastest AGP GeForce with Official Win98 support, GeForce 6 or 7?

IMHO, a bigger question is can you find a Geforce 7 PCI (not PCI Express) card (were any ever made) or will you have to use a PCI Express one with a PCI bridge ?
Also do you want spend money on something that might not work ?

if it's not too much I can test it! give me theories! I have a pcie adapter btw 😀

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 21 of 22, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Geforce 8xxx, unless the G80 version of the GPU will never work on 9x/ME. And even then, it is a big toss-up.

The 8800 Ultra (768MB RAM) blue screens on Win9x with the modded drivers. I will get around to testing the 320MB G80 based 8800GT cards I have at some point to see if they will even work without blue screening.

7900GTX is the highest I have been able to get to work on Win9x at this point.

The PCI to PCIe adapter cards are iffy unless you have one that has a power connector on it due to the PCI bus not providing enough power. You can look up videos of what the side effects are with the non powered adapter cards.

The PCI to PCIe bridge chip itself is not what would cause a problem.

But really, ideally you want a Geforce FX series card for Win9x. The low end ones really just suck. They sucked back when they were new.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 22 of 22, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

okay, I'm looking at 7000 series now. I can't seem to find any pci ones so looks like I'll have to make one
looks like 7500 le and an adapter card.

but I don't have one with a power plug? do you have a link to a powered adapter?

thing is, I haven't had much success yet booting to a adapted card but I shouldn't be surprised because I have had equally bad luck booting to a pci card 🤣

or should I try a lower spec card cause of the power issue?

alternately I can solder a molex pigtail onto the adapter to beef it up manually?

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)