VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings,

I am attempting to run my P3 PC with a Voodoo 5 as the video card for my Windows 98 installation on an SD card (using adapters to replace IDE drives.) I disable the V1 and V2 that are in the system alongside the V5. I have an SD card with Windows 95 OSR2 where the idea is to use the V1 and V2 in all pre-Windows 98SE games. I read that if you put the glide files belonging to a particular Voodoo card in the root directory of the game that is to use it, the game won't look at the other Voodoo cards, only the one that those particular glide files belong to.

I am attempting this, though something happened after the Voodoo 1 install (I'm using the original driver ISOs for all three Voodoo cards for the Windows 95 SD card, with V1 and V2 being the Diamond CD despite the fact that the V1 is a Typhoon and the V2 is an Orchid - it seems to not matter; and using Raziel, FastVoodoo, etc. for the Windows 98 SD card.) The Voodoo 1 was seen in device manager until after rebooting after an attempt to install the V2 failed. I installed the V2 and then had to reinstall the V1.

So now I have no idea what glide files are which. Where can I find the Voodoo 1 glide files and the Voodoo 2 glide files where I can simply download them without having to run any installs, so that I can copy them into the game folders?

Thanks!
Scythifuge

Reply 1 of 2, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe a better solution is to partition my 128GB SD card into multiple 32gb partitions and use a boot manager to boot a Voodoo 1 Win95 install, and a Voodoo2 Win95 install, and disable the voodoo card that isn't being used? I just learned about PLOP boot manager.