VOGONS

First post, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ain't it great when you find something you thought you could not afford? Years ago, I put loads of boxes in an outside cupboard, as I had no space for it all. Then forgot about it all (hey, I can't remember what I ate yesterday, so forgetting boxes I put out of the way is nothing!). Recently been reorganising, and after moving loads of empty boxes onto the garden (I'm using cardboard to kill persistent weeds), I found a couple of unopened boxes (still taped up from shipping). What have we here?

One says on the box that it's a crisp white monochrome monitor, an NEC Monograph System - I vaguely remember getting that one cheap a decade ago! That's still in the cupboard, I'll get it out tomorrow.

The other was a mystery until I opened it. A Princeton Graphics Systems (never heard of them) HX-12E. Turns out to be a 12 inch EGA monitor, and I've been looking for an EGA monitor (which I assume can display CGA as well) 😀 And in great condition - although it'll be a while before I can test it.

I don't know anything about the NEC monitor yet (too exhausted to unbox it today), so not sure yet if it's got the card that it originally shipped with or if it is compatible with MDA cards. Hoping it is compatible with my very early Hercules card and my Tseng ET1000. It'll be great to see them working on a 17" monitor 😀

This might motivate me to finish reorganising my collections, so I'll have room for some testing 😀

Attachments

• IMG_0759.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_0759.JPG
    File size
    100.82 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_0758.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_0758.JPG
    File size
    124.77 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 1 of 2, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well done that man.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉