VOGONS

First post, by framebuffer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Back in the days I remember I used a video drivers cleaner (not sure about the exact name) on Windows XP that worked pretty well
I'm trying to find one now for my retro test build (where I'm swapping a lot of cards) but honestly all the results I get seems to be from questionable sources...

Anybody knows a good driver cleaner software and verified place from where it can be downloaded?

Windows 98 and SAMBA | Quake CPU Benchmarks | GeForce2: GTS vs MX400

Reply 2 of 8, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been thinking about this problem too lately and it would be interesting to know how people handle it. I remember changing between Radeon and Nvidia being something that often required an OS reinstallation.

I was thinking of making a disk image right before I installed any graphic card drivers.

Reply 3 of 8, by framebuffer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ydee wrote on 2021-07-27, 17:37:

Yes this is the first one I found (and probably the one I used back in XP times) but if you read carefully it says

"Driver Sweeper has been replaced with Display Driver Uninstaller. Download here."

and then in the requirements of this new software

"Requirement: Windows Vista SP2 up to Windows 10 2104 (21h1) (19042.xxx October 2020) (anything higher is at your own risk)"

So it's not compatible with XP

Reply 4 of 8, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There is Driver Cleaner : https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/driver … ofessional.html

AFAICR, I used it successfully a few times, but once my Windows installation got borked . Backups are good to have, as always .

Reply 6 of 8, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
framebuffer wrote on 2021-07-27, 18:39:

Of course, but I mean good old Driver Sweeper, which is still XP compatible - if You wish, here is, Sir:)

Attachments

Reply 7 of 8, by framebuffer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
darry wrote on 2021-07-27, 19:38:

There is Driver Cleaner : https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/driver … ofessional.html

AFAICR, I used it successfully a few times, but once my Windows installation got borked . Backups are good to have, as always .

Thanks will try it

Ydee wrote on 2021-07-28, 13:32:
framebuffer wrote on 2021-07-27, 18:39:

Of course, but I mean good old Driver Sweeper, which is still XP compatible - if You wish, here is, Sir:)

ohh thank you very much! 😀)