VOGONS

First post, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why do I keep receiving video cards in food boxes? I've ordered from eBay for years and I've never had this happen before! This one wasn't even turned inside out.

I only just received an FX 5600 less than a week ago in a box of macaroni!

IMG_20210902_034129.jpg
Filename
IMG_20210902_034129.jpg
File size
1.58 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20210902_034116.jpg
Filename
IMG_20210902_034116.jpg
File size
1.73 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20210902_034208.jpg
Filename
IMG_20210902_034208.jpg
File size
1.72 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 2 of 7, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What was the macaroni like?

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 4 of 7, by aaronkatrini

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Usually with novice sellers you can expect everything. When I started shipping it was difficult to find appropriate boxes and other packaging materials for a fair price, making the shipping time consuming and expensive. I had to get "creative" to not exceed certain limits of weight and size. But with time I managed to find better solutions, that make shipping cheaper, easier to pack and more safe against damage. I think I've improved a lot since day one. So when you're dealing with inexperienced seller make always sure you have a way of getting your money back if it doesn't arrive safely.

Reply 5 of 7, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
aaronkatrini wrote on 2021-09-02, 08:41:

Usually with novice sellers you can expect everything. When I started shipping it was difficult to find appropriate boxes and other packaging materials for a fair price, making the shipping time consuming and expensive.

I still reuse the packing material I get with my purchases. If you get a nice big sheet of bubble wrap and a bucket of those foam packing beans I see no reason to throw them away. I don't think boxes are a serious issue either. I never buy them, I store the boxes that come my way if they are in good condition or pick them up at random places. Everything is free.

As for the time consuming thing, if I sell something it's already packed when I list them on the various platforms. Tested with a lot of good pictures and screenshots taken. When someone buys them I just take a detour to the post office on my way to or from work.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 6 of 7, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RandomStranger wrote on 2021-09-02, 09:06:

I still reuse the packing material I get with my purchases. If you get a nice big sheet of bubble wrap and a bucket of those foam packing beans I see no reason to throw them away. I don't think boxes are a serious issue either. I never buy them, I store the boxes that come my way if they are in good condition or pick them up at random places. Everything is free.

As for the time consuming thing, if I sell something it's already packed when I list them on the various platforms. Tested with a lot of good pictures and screenshots taken. When someone buys them I just take a detour to the post office on my way to or from work.

This 100%

If you pay money for packaging you're doing it wrong

Reply 7 of 7, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kahenraz wrote on 2021-09-02, 07:45:

Why do I keep receiving video cards in food boxes? I've ordered from eBay for years and I've never had this happen before! This one wasn't even turned inside out.

I only just received an FX 5600 less than a week ago in a box of macaroni!

I think you need to order another in this range, and see if it's packed the same way!