VOGONS

First post, by Styler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I'm trying to find any bios for Realizm family cards: 100, 200, 300, 500, 800.
If someone makes a dump of their card, I'll be very grateful! =)

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 11, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Styler wrote on 2022-07-07, 09:37:
Hello, I'm trying to find any bios for Realizm family cards: 100, 200, 300, 500, 800. If someone makes a dump of their card, I'l […]
Show full quote

Hello,
I'm trying to find any bios for Realizm family cards: 100, 200, 300, 500, 800.
If someone makes a dump of their card, I'll be very grateful! =)

Thanks!

There's a 200 BIOS on VGAMuseum - https://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item … 64c3de53b6378a8

Reply 3 of 11, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3Dlabs Wildcat Realizm 200 - http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/companies … cat-realizm-200
BIOS - http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/companies … 64c3de53b6378a8

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 7 of 11, by Paadam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I Realizm useful for anything other than using it in some vintage CAD build? I have Realizm 500 (iirc), PC version.

Many 3Dfx and Pentium III-S stuff.
My amibay FS thread: www.amibay.com/showthread.php?88030-Man ... -370-dual)

Reply 9 of 11, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Very interested in this topic.
I was recently given a SUN XVR-500 and I'm also looking for a way to make it work on a PC.

http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item/407-sun-xvr-500

"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen..."
My collection (not up to date)

Reply 10 of 11, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
acl wrote on 2023-05-05, 11:16:

SUN XVR-500 and I'm also looking for a way to make it work on a PC.

I have experience with different Sun XVR card and it was not possible to make it work in PC (at least not as primary VGA card) just with simple BIOS modification . the reason in my case was that with some resistors on the board they set it to non-VGA PCI Class ID. So, first step to evaluate the situation is to put the card in computer and using Linux 'lspci' command (or any other OS that has similar tool or way to check the PCI details) and see the PCI class of the card, for example "300" is the PCI Class ID for VGA:

VGA compatible controller [0300]

other options on Sun XVR card are:

Non-VGA unclassified device [0001]

Display controller [0380]

in my case, I was able to find the Resistor that changes between PCI Class of "380" and "001", but not the one that sets the PCI Class to "300". That means the best that I achieved was to use it as Secondary card in the system and not Primary adapter. Last, but not least, if the PCI Class ID is not "300", the Video BIOS is not loaded by the motherboard BIOS, i.e. even if you have proper Video BIOS for PC, the card will not work as Primary adapter, if the PCI Class is not set to "300".

Reply 11 of 11, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mattw wrote on 2023-05-05, 11:58:
I have experience with different Sun XVR card and it was not possible to make it work in PC (at least not as primary VGA card) j […]
Show full quote
acl wrote on 2023-05-05, 11:16:

SUN XVR-500 and I'm also looking for a way to make it work on a PC.

I have experience with different Sun XVR card and it was not possible to make it work in PC (at least not as primary VGA card) just with simple BIOS modification . the reason in my case was that with some resistors on the board they set it to non-VGA PCI Class ID. So, first step to evaluate the situation is to put the card in computer and using Linux 'lspci' command (or any other OS that has similar tool or way to check the PCI details) and see the PCI class of the card, for example "300" is the PCI Class ID for VGA:

VGA compatible controller [0300]

other options on Sun XVR card are:

Non-VGA unclassified device [0001]

Display controller [0380]

in my case, I was able to find the Resistor that changes between PCI Class of "380" and "001", but not the one that sets the PCI Class to "300". That means the best that I achieved was to use it as Secondary card in the system and not Primary adapter. Last, but not least, if the PCI Class ID is not "300", the Video BIOS is not loaded by the motherboard BIOS, i.e. even if you have proper Video BIOS for PC, the card will not work as Primary adapter, if the PCI Class is not set to "300".

Very impressive !
When i was given this card, i knew it was a Sun Sparc card and i had very little hope of getting it to work... but the card was free, so i took it anyway.

I guess it was not super easy to pinpoint the resistor to alter.
Regarding "300" value, it's also possible that it is not linked to a resistor at all (maybe programmed in the Xilinx FPGA ?)

Do you think loading a regular Wildcat II driver would be possible ? (modified ?)

"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen..."
My collection (not up to date)