VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hello,
I tested this game on different computers, but it don't want to work.
I have Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
I have 1,33 GHz AMD, Soundblaster Live Player 1024 and Geforce 2 Pro. Graphic makes no problems, but Sound & Music work only for short time, then the game crashs. Well I don't know why.
But I know it is music/sound problem because I configured sound&music wrong, I get Memory Errors. After correcting it works only for short time, then the game exits without error messages.
Regards
Obelisk

Reply 4 of 13, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Yeah although the windows version needs some patching for win2k and winxp. But then it RUNS, transport tycooning sweetness, although still have only been able to run it windowed, but hotkeys for resolution changes help with that 😀

Reply 6 of 13, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote:

We really need to start a patch database. Some of these things just "disappear" once you lose a particular URL and you won't ever see it at "gamesdomain" or similar places because it's "old".

I'm still looking for the "old" "SEGA-PC" patches that went "poof" sometime back. (Only one I managed to locate was the "Direct3D and Force-Feedback support" for Daytona USA Deluxe (which is good, because otherwise it would be 256-color software render only).

Reply 10 of 13, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unregistered wrote:

But I bought Transport Tycoon Deluxe, why don't they have a windows version on CD ????????
Regards

That's a good question as both boxes displayed on MobyGames display DOS-only requirements (the US original and the 1997 re-release). I can only guess there must've been yet another re-release that included the Windows version.

You might try that DOS patch at:
http://www.tycoongames.net/ttdpages.html
or
http://www.ttdpatch.com/

Reply 11 of 13, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Check the company's website to see if they've released the Windows executable. If not, request it from them.

Also, this isn't really a VDMSound problem, so I'm moving this thread to the Guide (under DOS, since it's really mainly a DOS issue -- needing the Win32 executables isn't exactly the issue 😀).

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 12 of 13, by ZakKrack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Of course the windows version exists!

http://zak.webdream.hu -> games. Don`t be confused altough it`s a racing game page, it`s there. 😀

remember to use ttdpatch on it.

Btw, I`m planning to open a TTD competition, I was taken part in some of them long time ago, but now they`re dead. What do you think of it?

Zak

Reply 13 of 13, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Certainly an interesting idea. I've always enjoyed seeing what people could pump out during compos.

Mate, that site is terribly slow. I'm using ReGet to split the download to hopefully achieve faster speeds, but right now I've got 20 splits and it's still only downloading at an average of 2260 bytes/second (just over 2KB/s -- and I've got a 2Mbit connection!!). I hope this isn't permenant, as the site looks to have great games. (Note: This site still doesn't host any abandonware, BSA, so fuck off 😜)

Yes, it’s my fault.