VOGONS

Common searches

Tomb Raider

Topic actions

First post, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I knew I should of got the Playstation version...
Anyway, I am having SO much trouble getting the music working in both VDMSound, and Dosbox, the audio volume is all the way up, so, what am I missing?

Reply 6 of 9, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some versions of tomb raider did not include the audio tracks. You could try running it using glidos, it is set up to use audio packs that you can download, but the last I heard they had not been completed for the entire game.

Reply 7 of 9, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The audio pack is not even complete, and there is no way to run Glidos on DOSBox, what the heck, I wasted my money on the trilogy pack, I am just going to get the Playstation version and use smooth texturing, thanks for all of your suggestions, but, I will be heading a different way!

Reply 8 of 9, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually the basic audio pack for TR1, which contains all the tracks of the PC version, IS complete.
What the people are still working on is the Audio restoration project, whose aim it is to incorporate all the extra sounds/musics from the PSX version into the PC version, but this is a totally different thing.

@Mike: Why give up so easily? There are still lots of possibilities you haven't tried yet. The best method for me is using the combination of dgVoodoo/VDMSound/SapuCDEX.
Plus, it's very simple: Just download the Advanced Tomb Raider installer and it will do all the installation and configuration for you 😉 :
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3125.html

Reply 9 of 9, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Really?? Cool, but I am still not sure about this, because there is no dosbox support for glidos, and if I run Tomb Raider using VDMSound, it will either crash, or if I set it up successfully, The game will revert back to the desktop if I save the game, why is that?