VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Marek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

German Version. System: See signature. No emulators used.

The problem I have is, that mouse turning is much more sensitive than strafing, ie. moving the mouse aproximately one cm turns the character 360 degree, while I have to move my mouse across the entire table to even strafe some steps.

I know, I had this trouble before, but I don't remember how I did solve this.
I know, there is a patch for the German version, though it seems to be quite buggy, thus half of the textures got garbled when I applied it.

DOS-PC: DFI k6bv3+, Pentium 200mmx, 64 MB RAM, Terratec Maestro 32 sound card, Roland MT-32 + SC-155, Winner 2000 AVI 2MB, Voodoo 1, Win98SE
Windows PC: GigaByte GA-MA790GPT, Phenom II X4 905e, 12 GB RAM, M-Audio Delta 44, NVidia 1060 6 GB, Win7 pro x64

Reply 1 of 2, by Hillsy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have Dark Forces installed, english one; but I use the keyboard for the game only. I will have a look into playing it with the mouse. Did you run the Setup file to set the mouse...was there an advanced option for the mouse. I know they exist for build games such as Blood and Exhumed. Will check it out later..

Reply 2 of 2, by Marek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, there is a setup for mouse, keyboard etc. and I used it too. It's much more advanced than that silly thing which comes with the demo version.

There is one odd thing I noticed: Having the game just installed, there is nothing displayed for turning in the mouse setup menu. If I leave it alone, the turning is somewhat slower (in a positive sense), though the mouse strafing behaves really strange then, ie. press the strafe button and move the mouse, doesn't let you strafe with the mouse movement but rather accellerate in the direction. You have to move the mouse back on order to stop again. If you don't and press the strafe button again, you'll continue stafing. Quite unusable that way.
Setting mouse turning to x axis, the behavior is as described. Besides the huge difference in sensitivity, the game behaves like expected.

I got my hands on the english version as well. That setup bug doesn't seem to be there, though the anoyingly low strafe sensitivity is.

I guess, a patch for independend strafe and turning sensitivity would be appropriate.

DOS-PC: DFI k6bv3+, Pentium 200mmx, 64 MB RAM, Terratec Maestro 32 sound card, Roland MT-32 + SC-155, Winner 2000 AVI 2MB, Voodoo 1, Win98SE
Windows PC: GigaByte GA-MA790GPT, Phenom II X4 905e, 12 GB RAM, M-Audio Delta 44, NVidia 1060 6 GB, Win7 pro x64