VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Vorsaulus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the clock in X-com TFTD blazes by even after using a program to slow my speed, the program will load slow but the clock still doesn't work right, how can i get it to work at the normal speed. thanks!

Reply 2 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover SPEEDSET.

As everyone seems to keep forgetting, Speedset doesn't work with Protected-Mode games. X-COM is both speed-sensitive and uses protected mode.

Fortunately a Windows port was created, UNfortunately its STILL speed-sensitive (just not as bad as the DOS version) and it has problems with DirectX.

Not a whole lot can be done right now. Hopefully DosBox will arrive with protected-mode support in the future...

Reply 3 of 12, by Jon Beilin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

if you own a copy of x-com tftd, download the gold version which runs under windows. get the patch attached, and download the program "turbo" (i'll attach it in another post if you can't find it). turbo fixes speed problems within windows. There! X-com running perfectly!

Attachments

• Filename
    xcom_bugfix09.zip
    File size
    19.63 KiB
    Downloads
    731 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Jon Beilin if you own a copy of x-com tftd, download the gold version which runs under windows. get the patch attached,

We know about it, thanks.

...and download the program "turbo".

That too... showthread.php?threadid=44

There! X-com running perfectly!

*jinx*
Never say something will run perfectly, it's the kiss of death.

Even using slowdown tools (which I hate), there is the nasty "drop-to-desktop" bug:
showthread.php?s=&threadid=674&highlight=XCOM

This apparently has always been in the game, but it seems to be much more frequent in the Windows version. It's a question of how much you are willing to tolerate to play the game.

Reply 8 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Ron_Lugge I hate to say it, but where can I D/L the gold version,

No wares requests or links please.

and the turbo thing?

As said before, Speedset doesn't work with it.

Reply 9 of 12, by Ron_Lugge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

No wares requests or links please. As said before, Speedset doesn't work with it.

Ooops. Didn't know that was warez...

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Reply 11 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

In fact, right now I'm waiting for "Half-Price Books" to drop the package price for the collection (still at $20). I know that's not a lot for three games but I already have a legit Win version of X-Com1 Gold (besides I'm still waiting for confirmation that the version of X-Com: Apocalypse has been converted to Windows format).