VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by aardvark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi~ I had a 3DO with the game "Star Control 2: The Urquan Masters" on it was a total blast. Now my controller for the 3DO is broken but I still want to play that game~ someone told me that SC2 was a PC port. Can someone point me in the right direction? The guy at Electronic Boutique just sort of looked at me funny... 🙁

~Aardvark the Bold~

Reply 4 of 6, by aardvark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks guys =D I found a version~ its almost exactly like the 3DO one except its better in some ways, because you can read what the aliens are saying. Its weird because the screens all look the same as on the 3DO (prompting you to hit "a" or "c" when neither of those keys work =P)

^-^ thanks again!

~Aardvark the Bold~

Reply 5 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by aardvark Thanks guys =D I found a version~ its almost exactly like the 3DO one

IOW, it's the port from the address that Drogg gave you.

...except its better in some ways, because you can read what the aliens are saying. Its weird because the screens all look the same as on the 3DO (prompting you to hit "a" or "c" when neither of those keys work

You need to read up on the info about the game. It's basically the 3D0 game with bits and pieces from the PC version. You need to understand that it's still an Alpha, and you will likely come across bugs within the game. Having said that, it's still very playable.

Reply 6 of 6, by gil22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is a newer version compiled from the CVS that you can find at their forum here:

http://uqm.stack.nl/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Techissues

It fixes a bunch of stuff from the .02 alpha.

----------

Also at their forum you can find a nifty launcher so you don't have to play around with the various game options/switches.

http://uqm.stack.nl/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Gendiscuss

Edit: The links are being difficult, so you'll have to browse/search around a bit to find them.