VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have anyone here gotten SVGA mode to work in Tunnel B1? I've tested on several computers with different setups, and the option just won't show up in display settings. According to the readme the high-res option (640x480) will show up if you have a VESA compliant video card.

Maybe it was never implemented?

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1 of 4, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I did play the game in SVGA mode, but you require a fast Pentium 1 PC for that (there is also no 3D acceleration).
If the game detects a VESA compliant graphics card, then it should display the "High" resolution option in the "Display Options" menu.

You can perhaps try to load a VESA tsr (like UNIVBE) and then check if the game detects it.

EDIT: I just tested it now on my Celeron 900 with an ATI Radeon 8500 and it works fine in SVGA mode.

Reply 2 of 4, by Mastran

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yesterday i installed this game under DOSMode on WindowsME and it did detected my Voodoo4500 and allowed me to switch it to 640x480 (or High Quality as it appear on the option screen). The game ran pretty choppy though, with a significant FPS loss. I switched it to MEDIUM and ran beautifully