VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by truth_deleted

User metadata

1. Download Project64 (Nintendo64 emulator for Win2K/XP):
http://www.pj64.net/iedefault.htm

2. Buy Duke Nukem 64 (essentially same as Duke Nukem 3D) for Nintendo 64 and make a backup to your hard disk (check the legality of this first)

3. Have fun!

Reply 1 of 5, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This has my vote for most insane and pointless scheme ever. Congratulations, you win my respect.

The last person to win that award thought a good way to learn how to program games was to open their executables.

In notepad.

I thought that was unbeatable:)

I mean, seriously, aside from the sheer desire to win my coveted award, what reason would you have to shell out for Duke64, and an N64 rom dumper you only intend to use once for a single problematic game?

You *do* realise it'd be far less expensive, and far less bother to simply rummage around for an old Win9X cd somewhere and set up a dual-boot, right?:)

"How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

Reply 3 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Heh, well, it IS a plausible solution to the problem. I mean, you want Duke 3D, right? Well, there's Duke 3D. Maybe not "the" Duke 3D, but a reasonable facsimile. 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:

A solution right up Nicht's alley.

Nah. I'd go for a Dual-Boot. While the 64 version might be nice, people would still want the ability load in new maps, "Total Conversions, etc..."

For that, and a number of other titles; a dual-boot works better.