VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Wakerra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, hoping one of you old school computer tech junkies can help me out with an amazing game that is in dire need of a patch. Don't know if anyone has hear of/remembers a gem of a game called "The Day The World Broke"? While I could rattle on about how great this old game was, I'll cut that and get straight to the point: The game has a breaking glitch that I've narrowed down to receiving items, and unfortunately there is one quest line in the game that triggers this glitch, making the game impossible to beat. Now i don't know if it's just because I'm running the game on modern hardware (Frogger 97 won't run music when I play it on XP or higher machines), or if it's something in the game itself, but I and a very small devoted community of fans would LOVE if someone could patch this game!

Reply 1 of 1, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, no idea. https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home (a very good website for helping to get PC games properly patched and working) doesn't list the game, and Scummvm doesn't support the game.

You could maybe try running the game in Windows 95 on a virtual machine on your PC, but I can't advise you on that. If the problem is due to the game being run on Windows XP or later, when in fact the game only fully works properly on Windows 95, then that would probably allow you to play the game correctly. But it does seem unlikely to me (though I'm no expert at all, so I might well be wrong) that an operating system incompatibility issue would only effect one quest line in the game. Still, there are some really knowledgable people on here who can advice you on setting up and using a virtual machine (which you can then use to play other games that don't work well with more modern operating systems), if you don't find a different fix for the game's problem.