VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by CarlDoyle83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry a total novice here.

I'm trying to run championship manager 96/97 on my android device. I have downloaded dosbox manager and turbo. I have followed all the instructions to no avail. Please find attached a couple of screenshots. Could someone please point out where I am going wrong please.

Regards

Carl

Attachments

Reply 1 of 5, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CarlDoyle83 wrote on 2020-03-17, 23:44:
Sorry a total novice here. […]
Show full quote

I'm trying to run championship manager 96/97 on my android device. I have downloaded dosbox manager and turbo. I have followed all the instructions to no avail. Please find attached a couple of screenshots. Could someone please point out where I am going wrong please.

Regards

Carl

'cd' means change directory. cm9697.exe is not a directory but the executable file of your game. That's why you get this error.
You should remove the last 'cd' command to execute the program itself instead of trying to handle it as a directory.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 2 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Note that this is the forums for official DOSBox, not Droid builds. You should ask the people where you got it.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 5, by CarlDoyle83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2020-03-18, 00:22:
CarlDoyle83 wrote on 2020-03-17, 23:44:
Sorry a total novice here. […]
Show full quote

Regards

Carl

'cd' means change directory. cm9697.exe is not a directory but the executable file of your game. That's why you get this error.
You should remove the last 'cd' command to execute the program itself instead of trying to handle it as a directory.

Thats great, thanks for your help. yet getting "digital hardware not found, Run SETSOUND to select an appropriate digital audio driiver" message?

sorry for being a pain.

Carl

Reply 4 of 5, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No worries. All these Droid builds make changes to vanilla DOSBox which makes it really difficult for the authors of vanilla DOSBox to support it. If you like, you can get DOSBox running on a PC or Mac then try working out any quirks for your mobile device after. It might be a good way to start learning about DOSBox and DOS gaming with solid access to help and information.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 5 of 5, by CarlDoyle83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gdjacobs wrote on 2020-03-18, 02:49:

No worries. All these Droid builds make changes to vanilla DOSBox which makes it really difficult for the authors of vanilla DOSBox to support it. If you like, you can get DOSBox running on a PC or Mac then try working out any quirks for your mobile device after. It might be a good way to start learning about DOSBox and DOS gaming with solid access to help and information.

I'll do that. Thank you.