VOGONS

First post, by Radford999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone. First of all i’m pretty much a noob when it comes to dos and dosbox. I’m trying to play an old Amiga game. Sensible world of soccer. I have followed the Instructions on various websites on how to set it up and use the mount c: etc etc And mount a virtual cd rom. I managed to get the game started, but it always crashes 10 seconds in and gives me an error message saying ‘Animation file error’. I suspect it is trying to play the intro video because i remember having one. But it can’t play it for some reason. But i know i have all of the files because i’ve copied all of the files from a friend onto a usb stick and he doesn’t get any errors and the intro video plays fine on his computer any ideas? Thanks!

Reply 2 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

An old Amiga game? Is this a DOS port of it or are you trying to play an Amiga game in a DOS emulator?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Radford999 wrote on 2020-06-07, 10:57:

I have followed the Instructions on various websites on how to set it up and use the mount c: etc etc And mount a virtual cd rom.

If the game requires its original CD, then you would have to mount that CD one way or another. You can't just use any CD.

But i know i have all of the files because i’ve copied all of the files from a friend onto a usb stick and he doesn’t get any errors and the intro video plays fine on his computer any ideas?

This is why it is useful to do the installation yourself from the original disks. As it is we can only engage in unproductive guessing.

Was your friend running the game in DOSBox, or otherwise? Either way, you need to mount your directories in a way that corresponds to the original installation. If the game was originally running from C:\GAMES\FOO\BAR.EXE, then you would need to have a folder on your hard drive called C:\BLAH\GAMES\FOO\BAR.EXE and use "mount c c:\blah" in DOSBox.