VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Allofmynope.mp4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I’m very new to this place but was referred here when I asked about a strange B&N game I came across called Fast Cat. I couldn’t find anything about it and no one I’ve asked has either, so I’m wondering what it’s all about. Maybe it’d be more clear if I could play it, but I don’t have a working dos machine. I hope someone can give insight as to what this game is and where it came from

Attachments

Reply 1 of 4, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh wow, not even Total DOS Collection has this. You should really dump the disk if possible, USB floppy drives aren't that hard to get. Once you do that, I'm sure you can play the game via DOSBox.

Reply 2 of 4, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh, I used to make inquiries about this program on another forum a couple of years ago 😀
It is one of those B&N box releases, but - the problem is that it could be not a game but some business application or something.

Allofmynope.mp4, you do not have to have a DOS machine to read the disk - and see what it is! Please tell us 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by Allofmynope.mp4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
thepirategamerboy12 wrote on 2021-01-12, 05:27:

Oh wow, not even Total DOS Collection has this. You should really dump the disk if possible, USB floppy drives aren't that hard to get. Once you do that, I'm sure you can play the game via DOSBox.

Yeah I’ve considered that, I just haven’t really gotten around to it. I’m kinda new to the whole DOS thing, though I’ve been collecting and fixing electronics/computers for a number of years. Where I live doesn’t seem to have too many good examples of reliable hardware from the era, and I’m constantly on the lookout. Once I get a usb drive I’ll be sure to update everyone

Reply 4 of 4, by Allofmynope.mp4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Uka wrote on 2021-01-12, 06:30:

Oh, I used to make inquiries about this program on another forum a couple of years ago 😀
It is one of those B&N box releases, but - the problem is that it could be not a game but some business application or something.

Allofmynope.mp4, you do not have to have a DOS machine to read the disk - and see what it is! Please tell us 😀

Will do! Trust me I’m just as eager to see what early 90s secrets this old thing has locked away. I’ll update everyone as soon as I can