VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Allofmynope.mp4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to scrounge together a late 90’s gateway machine and was able to at least read the disk, but I couldn’t run either of the .exe files but had the font pack for the After Dark font, which was the only thing I could open. What was mostly curious was a file called “Admodule.as3” as3 being a file type I had never heard of. Looking it up it’s apparently associated with the APL programming language which I also know very little about, but might be related the the “AP #1” that’s written in pen on the label. I wasn’t able to run anything so any suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

Reply 1 of 5, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the info!
That looks rather strange... What messages do you get when trying to run Adw30.exe?
That Admodule.as3 is certainly some file of that application. Does not look much like a game unfortunately 🙁
Seems more like a screensaver:
download/file.php?mode=view&id=100254

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    Filename
    1.jpg
    File size
    57.31 KiB
    Views
    File license
    CC-BY-4.0

Reply 2 of 5, by Allofmynope.mp4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It gives me this error, I’m not sure if it’s a problem with my windows copy or something with the disk itself missing files
“Cannot find AD_SND.DLL. Windows needs this file to run A:\ ADW30.EXE.”

Reply 3 of 5, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Then I would suspect that some previous owner has modified that disk by deleting 'Fast Cat' files (whatever that was) and writing there 'After Dark' files, but not all the required files of it 🙁