VOGONS

Common searches

Dos games

Topic actions

First post, by Dicky davey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I’m a newby and struggle with computers ! I use to play a game back in the days 90s called soccer management simulator I’ve googled it and downloaded the zip but I cannot get it to play through dos box as it says it requires windows ive tried everything on YouTube but I cannot get it to work I must be mis understanding something is there anyone on here could help ? Much appreciate

Reply 1 of 7, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As far as I could find, "Soccer Management Simulator" is indeed a Windows 3.x game... You can run get Windows 3.x to run in DOSBOX, but it is not free software (Windows; not sure about this game itself), and VOGONS has a policy against supporting software not legally obtained.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 2 of 7, by Dicky davey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok no problem I read that you could copy the windows files from the pc as it’s windows 7 into a dos install folder and it would work that’s the bit I’m struggling with should never of got rid of my Atari

Reply 3 of 7, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To run this game, you need Windows version 3.1, which is from the year 1992.

Windows 3.1 is to be installed on to your DOS machine (or DOSbox).

Then, when you run your installed Windows 3.1, you will subsequently be able to install and play your game within Windows 3.1.

A starting point for you may be, to Google "how to get Windows 3.1 installed in Dosbox".

Reply 5 of 7, by BardBun

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you are using .img files instead of diskettes, you have to mount them manually to be able to install Windows 3.1, sort of like this:
(d:\ is already taken by the CD drive, otherwise you gotta use "d" too, you cannot skip letters)

Spoiler

#imgmount a c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk1.img -t floppy
#imgmount b c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk2.img -t floppy
#imgmount e c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk3.img -t floppy
#imgmount f c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk4.img -t floppy
#imgmount g c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk5.img -t floppy
#imgmount h c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk6.img -t floppy
#imgmount i c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk7.img -t floppy
#imgmount j c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk8.img -t floppy
#imgmount k c:\Games\DOSBox\Games\winimg\disk9.img -t floppy

Reply 6 of 7, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In case of Windoes 3.x it's also possible to simply extract the files which the image holds and put them into a directory you can access within DOSBox.

Say, into C:\WINSETUP or C:\WINDOWS\SETUP

Note that mounting C as C: is not good, as it may mess up your native programs and your OS.
Better use a sub directory for that.

Say C as C:\DBX_DriveC or something along these lines.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//