VOGONS

Common searches

Xcom : UFO Defense on CD (CD-i)

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by BardBun

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A lot of things are not accurate at Mobygames, it for example calls the original title "UFO: Enemy Unknown" the "european" title and insists on the game being called X-COM UFO Defence.
It's like saying "It's the Sorcerer's Stone not Philosopher's Stone!111".

At least it offers some good things like scans of the CDs and Diskettes and Boxes of the games.

Reply 21 of 23, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got a brand new sealed box and it only has 3 disks. An interesting error message appears on DOXBox -X.

2021-05-09 14_10_35-DOSBox-X 0.83.11_ 3000 cycles_ms, MPSCOPY.jpg
Filename
2021-05-09 14_10_35-DOSBox-X 0.83.11_ 3000 cycles_ms, MPSCOPY.jpg
File size
56.42 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I tried installing in DOSBox instead and it got stuck.

2021-05-09 14_22_02-DOSBox 0.74-3, Cpu speed_     3000 cycles, Frameskip  0, Program_  INSTALL.jpg
Filename
2021-05-09 14_22_02-DOSBox 0.74-3, Cpu speed_ 3000 cycles, Frameskip 0, Program_ INSTALL.jpg
File size
90.58 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The floppy drive I used has compatibility back to Windows 98.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 22 of 23, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is how you set the game up for use with the Soniqbear.

Windows comes with a facility for recording video captures of video games. It works alright with DOSBox and DOSBox -X. You have to start the game before you can start recording. Press Window+G to open up the facility.

Attachments

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 23 of 23, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

With the latest DOSBox -X the intro movie no longer plays.

that's fixed. Now I'm sure the floppy disk install problem is an error in DOSBox -X.

The setup.exe once the game is installed is for the audio setup. A default of 5 IRQ for the soundblaster is not compatible with soundblaster 16. That is a bug.

The Game capture facility that comes with Windows stops working with DOSBox -X. The native support does not capture the BGM for General MIDI. The AWE32 mode is still not available.

Daniel L Newhouse