First post, by Gonduron
- 486 with MS DOS 6.22
- Adaptec AVA-2825 SCSI controller
- Plextor PX-83CS SCSI CD-ROM drive
- Iomega ZIP-100 SCSI internal drive
Just for ease of mind, I would like to have drive letters assigned this way:
- Plextor CD-ROM drive on D:
- Iomega ZIP drive on E:
- Right now, it's the other way round: CD drive gets assigned E:, and ZIP drive D:
- In config.sys, the Adaptec ASPIDISK.SYS reserves drive letter D: for the ZIP drive
- In config.sys, the Adaptec ASPI2DOS.SYS does not reserve any drive letter for the CD drive
- Re-ordering those two lines does not help.
- In autoexec.bat, MSCDEX assigns drive letter E: to the CD drive
1) Is there a way to tell ASPIDISK.SYS that I want to reserve drive letter E: for the ZIP drive, not D:?
2) Is there a way to tell ASPI2DOS.SYS that I want to reserve drive letter D: for the CD drive?
3) Is there a way to create a dummy drive in config.sys, such as with the SUBST command (which unfortunately cannot be run inside config.sys).
Thank you for any hints 😀
My "Pixeli": Intel 486DX4-100 -- Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 -- 16 MB -- Diamond Stealth64 S3 Vision868 2 MB VLB -- AWE64 Gold -- Roland LAPC-I and SCC-1 -- Adaptec AVA-2825 -- IBM 1 GB SCSI-2 -- Plextor 8x -- Teac 3,5" + 5,25" -- EIZO S2133