VOGONS

Common searches

Interstate 82 doesn't work on XP!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by tiagop.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,,, My Interstate 82 doesn't run on XP.... I have to put it in compatibility mode to Windoes 98/ME,, the game runs perfectly but when I to the loading screen the one with "Interstate 82 on fire" the game freezes!
Is there anyone who experienced my problem and solved??

My Regards
Tiagop

Reply 1 of 4, by WiseMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i got a problem with interstate '82 on xp. everything works fine except for the sound. its glitchy and choppy just like interstate '76. i tried no sound acceleration but that makes no difference. does anybody know what i can do to fix this problem? i would really like to get these games working again.

Reply 2 of 4, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ACT 5.0 includes the most recent fixes and I'82 is included by setting the flag "EmulateHeap". However it messes with the game AI. Disabling "EmulateHeap" corrects AI but the game will have choppy sound and will crash if you run Taurus onto a wall or object (when out of the car). I'm still working on it but no progress so far. Any help is appreciated.

Reply 3 of 4, by ocbrz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
tiagop. wrote on 2005-12-08, 22:03:
Hi,,, My Interstate 82 doesn't run on XP.... I have to put it in compatibility mode to Windoes 98/ME,, the game runs perfectly b […]
Show full quote

Hi,,, My Interstate 82 doesn't run on XP.... I have to put it in compatibility mode to Windoes 98/ME,, the game runs perfectly but when I to the loading screen the one with "Interstate 82 on fire" the game freezes!
Is there anyone who experienced my problem and solved??

My Regards
Tiagop

I was using windows XP and interstate82 from the gog.com, none of the tweaks did work not even dxwnd, but I did install a demo to another folder with this installation https://archive.org/download/Interstate82Demo/i82demo.exe and put everything on top of my gog files then put gog.com downloaded files back ontop of it again... It worked without an error after that. Then I did run it with i82stubz.exe set to : run this program in comp. mode : win 98/me; run in 256 colours; run in 6x4 res; and disabled visual themes - but I don't think this is needed because demo version does work without compatibility mode on win xp. Somehow gog.com's i82 installation version wasn't working on my pc with xp sp3...

I was getting some crashes... Now it did work...

Who knows, maybe someone else will be experiencing the same problem... might work.