VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Darth Slaughter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well...

I can't find anywhere else... so, how do a i make prince of persia 3d work on windows XP?

I aways get an error with the file "POP3D.icd" ... Tried the patches, some cracks, make an image of my 2nd CD-rom...

but the game crashes on start up.

tried compatibility mode.

anyway one day suddenly it worked!!! but that same day it didn't work anymore... and since then, I can't make it work. I imagine that the problem is sound driver related.

anyway, does anyone here knows any hint so I can try myself?

thanks everybody!

Darth Slaughter - sith lord

Reply 1 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It seems you are having trouble with the Safedisc protection.

Company : Ç-Dilla Macrovision Corporation Protection : SafeDisc How to Detect : The following files should exist on every the or […]
Show full quote

Company : Ç-Dilla
Macrovision Corporation
Protection : SafeDisc
How to Detect : The following files should exist on every the original CD:
00000001.TMP
CLCD16.DLL
CLCD32.DLL
CLOKSPL.EXE
DPLAYERX.DLL

There is always a GAME.EXE and GAME.ICD file where the .ICD is the original game executable (in encrypted form) and the .EXE is a loader containing a parts of the SafeDisc protection.

Try using a different physical CD/DVD drive.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 7, by Darth Slaughter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well...

All those files are present on my Cd... well, i have two versions of this game: a brazilian portuguese version, and an english version.

Is there a way to bypass this protection? because even decrypting the .ICD file, making it become an .exe, the game crashes, only then to say the error is in POP3d.exe.

I tried both CDs, both instalations, the patches... nothing works... I have only one drive...

anyway... if anyone has more sugestions, please, share...

Reply 5 of 7, by Darth Slaughter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh, I have all of them... played twice sands of time, warrior within and the two thrones... amazing games. liked the way two thrones' ending connects with sands of time's beggining.

But... I bother with POP3d... (i just played it once and finish it, when it was released). I want to play the first trilogy now... I'm playing POP1 Mac version on my PC with basilisk emulator. then i'll try POP2... but after, I'd love to go through POP3D again.

anyway... I'm not desperate or in a rush... I'm foreseeing that soon, all oldgames we're able to finally play on winXP will be incompatible witn windows vista... but maybe, after some time, solutions will appear again... and maybe POP3D will work someday...

but sooner would be great.

Reply 6 of 7, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Prince of Persia 3d is a nice game. Intelligent battles, nice atmospheric music, and it's the prince, after all. 😉 Couldn't afford to miss any prince game. 😀

Go to this site, scroll to the bottom, and try the tips for running pop3d on xp, it might work.

http://www.popuw.com/problems.html

Reply 7 of 7, by Darth Slaughter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the bad thing at all is that the game worked for a moment three days ago, then it didn't work anymore...

I still think that my problem is sound card related...

I went on this page you mentioned doomed, some days ago... it helped that time...

but now... i'm gonna wait a few months to try again... see if any other person appears with the same problem.

thanks everyone!

PS: today i installed realMYST... it has the same .icd extension protectiuon system... but the game worked fine...