VOGONS

Common searches

Interstate '76

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 80 of 105, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm able to play I76 with video and sound acceleration on. The D3D version requires video acceleration to be at full. On a few soundcards like the Sound Blaster Live! you need to disable hardware acceleration. The game looks better with a glide wrapper running in 3dfx mode.

Reply 86 of 105, by snappy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

Got i76 gold running in XP sp3. Had a run in with glitches/crashes in the game. In particular during scene 6 you need to hit up the gas 4 cash for fuel, and need to take a detour involving several ramps. After reaching the other side the game switches to a cutscene with Iggy (yellow car) firing at the gas 4 cash. After returning control to the player and driving a little past the gas4cash pumps, the game crashes.

Anyone experiencing this? Is there a fix? I've tried pretty much everything in this thread, including turning down sound acceleration, trying various different graphics modes, skipping the cutscene immediately, etc.

Nothing seems to do the trick.

Furthermore, my brother installed i76 gold on his machine, and he has the same issues. From what it seems like, others here have successfully installed and finished the game to completion, so it seems like we're the only ones having issues.

Reply 87 of 105, by Wayek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im trying to use I76 with dgvoodoo glide wrapper and ummm I'm not sure if it's working....
I dont notice any difference in resolution at all and I followed the instructions pretty good or at least I think I did...

I installed the dgvoodoo files in the interstate 76 folder, then I ran the dgvoodoosetup and clicked texmen scaled to 4mb, then I boosted the texmen mem size to max and then I clicked okay, renamed splash app to i76.exe-glide and I dont notice a difference at all! or are the differences just subtle? am I doing something wrong?

Reply 88 of 105, by Wayek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
snappy wrote:

during scene 6 you need to hit up the gas 4 cash for fuel, and need to take a detour involving several ramps. After reaching the other side the game switches to a cutscene with Iggy firing at the gas 4 cash. After returning control to the player and driving a little past the gas4cash pumps, the game crashes.

Anyone experiencing this? Is there a fix? I've tried pretty much everything in this thread, including turning down sound acceleration, trying various different graphics modes, skipping the cutscene immediately, etc.

^
never had that issue with the one Im running...then again it was a torrent download, but for some reason it doesnt play the cutscenes in the gas for cash mission..weird...theres a few issues with the one that I got but Im happy that I finally got it to work

Reply 89 of 105, by snappy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After a few months of leaving this issue idle, I gave i76 another shot. After I set tall the executables to Win98/ME compatibility mode and played the gas 4 cash level again, the cutscene played and I was able to continue without any glitches/crashes. Next couple of days I played to completion 😀.

Bloody love this game.

Reply 92 of 105, by omegasupreme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Wayek wrote:

Im trying to use I76 with dgvoodoo glide wrapper and ummm I'm not sure if it's working....
I dont notice any difference in resolution at all and I followed the instructions pretty good or at least I think I did...

I installed the dgvoodoo files in the interstate 76 folder, then I ran the dgvoodoosetup and clicked texmen scaled to 4mb, then I boosted the texmen mem size to max and then I clicked okay, renamed splash app to i76.exe-glide and I dont notice a difference at all! or are the differences just subtle? am I doing something wrong?

Did you ever get the glide wrapper working? I have the same issue. Followed the instructions to a T on multiple machines. Still in low res 640x480 mode

Thanks

Reply 93 of 105, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Configuring dgvoodoo is tricky. First, you'll have to locate the glide2x.dll you want to configure (should be in \system32 or game's folder) using dgvoodoo setup, and then configure it the way you want.

Reply 95 of 105, by Deadalus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bumping for great justice; My laptop (Windows 7) once able to run this game (so does Nitro Riders), but today I reinstalled it and it always CTDs every time before the gameplay (menu works fine), using either software, Glide using dgVoodoo or nGlide or D3D version (I have the Gold pack patched to 1.02). Nitro Riders doesn't works either.

Any solution?