VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anybody know if there's a way to identify this from an image? Like, looking for specific file dates, file lenghts, etc.?

There seem to be at least three different releases of this game, with only the US version being uncut/uncensored.

If anyone has an original US version, i'd be grateful if he/she/it could post a dat file with the CD contents (or a file that contains CRC32 or MD5 checksums of all the files on the CD).

Reply 1 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here are the md5 checksum from US version 1.02d (after applying the official patch)

Attachments

• Filename
    Fallout2_Checksums.zip
    File size
    1.21 KiB
    Downloads
    221 downloads
    File comment
    Fallout 2 MD5 Checksums
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 6, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Cool, thanks for the help! I just hope the data files were not patched while updating, 'cause this would make it impossible to compare them by MD5...

Does anyone else have an idea how to identify F2 versions? I've already been through a lot of FAQ's and Fansites, but found no information...

Reply 5 of 6, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's hard to get detailed information on that, but AFAIK in all Non-US-versions, and with the latest US patch, several "Non-PC"-missions are missing.

Quote from another forum:

- In the first town after completing the quest about kiling the scorpions on the farm , Culik (don`t remember his name but he ha […]
Show full quote

- In the first town after completing the quest about kiling the scorpions on the farm , Culik (don`t remember his name but he has a bone in his nose) will join you and he will tell you that his sister was captured by the slave traders . Go o them and join them (they will tattoo your face with a slave hunter tattoo) . in the US version you will get 15 quest as a slave hunter in the UK there are only 2 .
The same when you get to the BIg twon (forgot the name) and kill the mafia Boss and you become the next
Big Boss of organized crime US version has the initiative quests (8 missions)about your way in the mafia , UK only the good Police quest to stopping mafia- the hole mafia quests where cut .
The same when you became the drug lord or the Supreme ruler or the Pimp master (this specialty was cut in the UK version)