VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 22, by TomVDJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I like to kick this old thread. I recently got my hands on a copy of Star Trek Captain's Chair and tried to get this running on a Virtual Windows 98 se machine in VirtualBox. I have a Windows 10 PC (64 bit) and unfortunately Virtual PC does not run on my host OS, so that was not an option.

When I start up Captains Chair on the Win 98 se machine, I got the same message as mentioned before:

Sorry. The control code for the main Quicktime VR could not be created.

And then apart from the menu, the screen stays blank. So no VR of the bridges. Anybody that could help me out here? I tried making an ISO out of the physical disk and mount that one to run (with the idea that the problem had something to do with accessing the physical drive from the host system), but that didn't change anything. I tried the Quicktime included in the CD, and quicktime 2.1.2 16bit, but nothing helped.

I'm a bit depserate. I really want this CD up and running again.I remembered having a great time with a copy of the CD when I was a kid 20 years ago...

Reply 22 of 22, by TomVDJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Follow-up on this one: I have a Windows XP virtual machine already on my VirtualBox, so I thought: why not try it on that one? Installed the CD + the quicktime version that was on the CD and this works perfectly!

So guys, stop messing around with Windows 98. Windows XP works perfectly to install this!