VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by zpeidar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally got C&C Red Alert to work in win xp by adding the latest C&C RA Patch and activating compatibility, BUT it seems that C&C RA needs IPX to support networking, without IPX it wont even show the choice of networking, and I want to play C&C RA against my friends. Any ideas?

"640 kb ought to be enough for anybody"

Reply 1 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Basically, once you installed the patch, you effectively removed network support. You can try the tips from this page, but I wouldn't get my hopes up...

http://www.planetcnc.com/ra-tech/faq.shtm

Reply 3 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by zpeidar The latest patch (3.03 or something like that, NOT the 1.08 patch) + some settings from that page did the trick.

Well then I guess that's good news, although I was kind of uncomfortable with the method the way it was described.

Reply 4 of 10, by Operator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To play over the internet, you'll need something like kahn, ipx tunneling software....
http://www.kahncentral.net
chat server is at
equinox.kahncentral.net
#kahn

Let me know if you have trouble.

Reply 9 of 10, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

why to use a Microsoft made emulator on a Microsoft system: its like using a MS DOS-Emulator on MS DOS !!!! 🤣 🤣 - forgett the virtual pc, its only good for testing and not for working or playing on it

Reply 10 of 10, by Whitewashed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been able to install the game, it even runs fine without using the windows 95 compatibility. You can start any mission but after you have been playing for a few minutes the game freezes. Anyone else have this problem? What could it be? 🙁

P4 2.6GHz 800MHz FSB
ASUS P4P800 (I865)
2x512Mb PC3200 DDR
ATI Radeon 9700 128Mb
SB Audigy2 Retail
160Gb SATA 7200RPM, NTFS, FAT32
LG DVD 16/48X
Windows 2000 SP4