VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Call me crazy if you want but I want to use the Xbox 360-style USB controller I got recently to play the original Half-Life (which I got through Steam, so I'm sure it's up to date). I thought I should Google before I asked here and long story short, I seemed to find just what I was looking for, namely use the console commands

joystick 1
joyadvanced 1
joyadvaxis<letter> <number> for each axis
joyadvancedupdate

Everything seems to work fine (I haven't tried the buttons but they use the standard bind command and they work so there shouldn't be any problem) except that left and right (X axis) on the left stick are inverted and up and down (Y axis) on the right stick, well actually, they're OK, but I want them inverted. I read I could make a number negative (in this case "joyadvaxisx 3" to "joyadvaxisx -3") to invert it but that doesn't work. Does anybody here know how to make it work the way I want it to, whether through the Half-Life console or a driver or a special program or something else?

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 1 of 2, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just did a quick Google. Looks like it's the joyXXXsensitivity settings that you want to mess with: http://gamegate2k.com/half-life/console-comma … ables-halflife/

Reply 2 of 2, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I looked at the thing I read again and that was in there, but it was relegated to one line whereas the method I tried was mentioned at least twice.
thanks 😀
It also won't recognize the triggers (as an axis, as buttons, as anything) but I can use those with JoyToKey (I already tried it out, nice little program BTW).
also I haven't been here in a while because I've been doing things-- I may be developing a serious condition, what was it called? oh, a life-- but there's no mistaking that I still love VOGONS

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions