VOGONS

Common searches

Motorhead

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there.

I'm trying to run Motorhead on my Windows 7 x64. The installation went fine, but when I'm trying to run the game, after the intro movie, it crashes. The screen goes black, and when I press Alt+Tab, this message appears:

beztytuurr.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any ideas?

My PC specs: Windows 7 x64, AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300 2x2,1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4350 with newest drivers.

Reply 9 of 64, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

It turned up for me via the search box, and there's a second index that has it (?): http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dp.cgi?lang=eng&ref=ps&sys=pc&cap=m

Silly of me, thanks 😀 But this is exactly the same patch as I downloaded from Motorhead Tools. No effect, the game still crashes.

BigBodZod wrote:

Just to be clear, this is the title from DICE back in 1998 ???

Precisely. To be 100% sure, here is a gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAFVhJrrHQ&feature=related

Reply 11 of 64, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Dunno why you ask that. The only other thing it could be with that name is some lame band.

Hey now, you dissing my bud Lemmy 😉

I was pretty much thinking this was the case, just never played it is all...

I stopped playing most racing games back in my Amiga days and just recenly played a little Gran Turismo on my PS3...

Looks like I may have to start looking into this genre a little more then.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 12 of 64, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

*calling that band stupid is stupid*
/me trolls away again...
😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 13 of 64, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've found an interesting thing: in the game's folder there is a file named Error.txt, which contains these lines:

DirectInput Acquire keyboard failed.
DirectInputInit failed.

Maybe it is related to the problem?

EDIT:

I've made some progress. I've disabled the compatibility mode and tried to run the game using MS Application Compatibility Toolkit ver. 5.6 instead. I've run the game with ForceDirectDrawEmulation fix and guess what... it started working 😀

I can enter the main menu and start a race, the problem is that when I cross the finish line, the game crashes and this message appears:

errorgs.jpg

Any ideas?