VOGONS

Common searches

Installing Premier Manager 98 on Windows 7

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by kevt510

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Trying to install Premier Manager 98 on my HP Laptop running Windows 7.

I have the .iso file and mount accordingly. Auto run comes up and if I hit run setup the following error appears:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) ir x64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I have tried the following:

Copied file to desktop and changed compatibility mode to 95 then 98 but same error appears.
Troubleshooting then selecting to run in old windows. This does nothing, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Reply 1 of 14, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't use 16-bit programs with 64-bit OSs.
Install WinXp 32-bit as the secondary OS or guest OS (with the virtual machine).

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 4 of 14, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
olemogamer wrote:
dosquest wrote:

Furthermore, we do not support abbandonware/warez.

Right, because nobody has ever created an iso file on their own. 😳

If you own the game, you can create an iso to save wear and tear on the original CD. If you don't own it, then you can't.

Reply 5 of 14, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

He never told explicitly he got it from abandonware, so let's help the guy. As Gamecollector said, you need a 32 bits OS for this game to install. If the game .exe is 32 bits, you might be able to run it on Win7 after install.

Reply 6 of 14, by olemogamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
sliderider wrote:
olemogamer wrote:
dosquest wrote:

Furthermore, we do not support abbandonware/warez.

Right, because nobody has ever created an iso file on their own. 😳

If you own the game, you can create an iso to save wear and tear on the original CD. If you don't own it, then you can't.

Which was exactly my point.

Why do so many people on this site automatically assume abandonware?

Reply 7 of 14, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

why .iso?
i prefer to creates .ccd/.sub/.img with cloneCD for CD-ROM (not DVD though) as its more accurate,
and with those anti-copy mechanism (dubed as DRM) that break the compliance to CD/DVD standards, which publishers loves to put on the CD,
the images created by CloneCD has larger chances to be mounted properly than standardized .iso

anyway, if the .iso contain patch to makes apps recoginzed the mounted cd-rom then its guaranteed being a pirated ones.

-fffuuu

Reply 8 of 14, by svantepower

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I managed to install PM98 on my computer running windows 7. This is how I did it:
1. Create a virtual machine running windows (xp) in my case.
2. Burned pm98 iso file to cd.
3. Install PM using cd-rom onto virtual machine.
4. Copy installation folder from virtual machine (C:/Gremlins/Premier Manager 98) to your computer running windows 7. I put mine i C:
5. Open previously copied folder (in win 7) and run pm executable. If you get an compatability error try setting compatability mode to windows xp.

Reply 10 of 14, by evesham

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, thanks so much for this Bladeforce, using the InstallShield 3 Is3Engine.zip exe file, it installed great onto windows 7 64-bit. Runs perfectly, saves as well 😀
The only bug is sometimes the screen is out of sync at first bootup, but the Alt+Tab to minimise and then maximise does the trick.

If only there was a way to run in a window, I tried changing the Manager.ini file as below (so that Fullscreen = Off) but it doesn't do anything.
Is there a line of text I need to add for the window resolution??

MUSIC: ON
MUSIC VOLUME: 100
SOUND: ON
SOUND VOLUME: 100
TRANSITIONS: OFF
FULL SCREEN: OFF
SCREEN POSITION: 44, 44

Reply 12 of 14, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
olemogamer wrote:

Which was exactly my point.

Why do so many people on this site automatically assume abandonware?

Lol just ignore him he in particular really has a problem with the idea of abandonware, he even had a post complaining about it awhile back. 😜

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 13 of 14, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
evesham wrote:
Hi all, thanks so much for this Bladeforce, using the InstallShield 3 Is3Engine.zip exe file, it installed great onto windows 7 […]
Show full quote

Hi all, thanks so much for this Bladeforce, using the InstallShield 3 Is3Engine.zip exe file, it installed great onto windows 7 64-bit. Runs perfectly, saves as well 😀
The only bug is sometimes the screen is out of sync at first bootup, but the Alt+Tab to minimise and then maximise does the trick.

If only there was a way to run in a window, I tried changing the Manager.ini file as below (so that Fullscreen = Off) but it doesn't do anything.
Is there a line of text I need to add for the window resolution??

MUSIC: ON
MUSIC VOLUME: 100
SOUND: ON
SOUND VOLUME: 100
TRANSITIONS: OFF
FULL SCREEN: OFF
SCREEN POSITION: 44, 44

Cant help you there. I run it in wine and its simple to put any game in a window with that in the wine options

Reply 14 of 14, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This thread isn't for compiling information on getting this game to work.
This thread was posted by the OP back in 2012 and was posted because the OP needed help.

New posts posted to this thread will likely have nothing to do with the OP, create your own thread for getting this game to work.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline