VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today I found out SC2K will crash under Win7 whenever you attempt to load or save a city. But I found a patch for it that also bypasses the 16 bits install on 64 bits systems. Credits goes to MRC (we surely need him around here). However, I haven't tested the Win3.1 version of SC2K to see if it's also affected by this bug. Please share it, it was somehow difficult to find.

Edit: attachment removed.

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Which version of SimCity 2000 are you referring to? I thought there was only the 16-bit Windows 3.1 version and the Network Edition which is completely and utterly broken on 2K/XP/Vista/7.

Reply 2 of 4, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is a Special Edition which is different from those 2 and was made for Windows 95, but installs fine on any 32 bits system. I used this patch on that version.

Reply 3 of 4, by iGREKKESS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys,

because this patch only works with the English version of SC2000, you might be interested to know that I made a "conversion" of this fix for the French versions of the game.
I also made a "RegSetup" batch file, as an alternative to "SimCity 2000 installer" by Aldude999. But I recently noticed that InstallShield Wrapper will allow a complete installation of the game from the original CD (!) 😊

Because there's at least 2 french binaries for SC2000, I made a patch for each one (need to compare CRC).

PatchFX version (detects CRC)
Patch Build#1 + RegSetup FR / CRC:3C437152 (sc2kse_fr_b1_w7_patch.zip, 32.4KB)
Patch Build#2 + RegSetup FR / CRC:4B02ACF3 (sc2kse_fr_b2_w7_patch.zip, 32.4KB)

BSPatch version
Patch Build#1 + RegSetup FR / CRC:3C437152 (sc2kse_fr_b1_w7_bspatch.zip, 32.4KB)
Patch Build#2 + RegSetup FR / CRC:4B02ACF3 (sc2kse_fr_b2_w7_bspatch.zip, 32.4KB)

Full story (in french)

Reply 4 of 4, by VMwired

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can someone make a "load and save patch" for the German Simcity.exe?

Filename
German SIMCITY.zip
File size
457.96 KiB
Downloads
96 downloads
File comment
German Simcity.exe
File license
Public domain

Edit:
Worked it out with the HxD. Compared with patched french Version.

Filename
SimCity 2000 Sorglospaket.rar
File size
4.89 MiB
Downloads
130 downloads
File comment
Patched SimCity 2000 Deutsch
File license
Public domain

Thank you iGREKKESS