VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i have a windows 7 x86 dual core duo machine,my friend has an asus laptopt with winodws 8.we used to play lan multiplayer old games here in my house,with same connection(me using the lan cable,he using the wifi)for games such as half life,aliens vs predator 2 etc.strangely though,lately everytimes we start some lan matches,he cannot find the games i start,or vice versa,though we use the same lan connection.he stated that he didn't changed anything in the connection settings,neither have i,since we're not that tech savvy when concernening portforwarding and stuff.we tried also something more recent as counterstrike on steam,and same issue there.only one time,after countless tries,my friend's copy of cc managed to recognize the game i started,but as soon as he connected,he got another error about server not responding.what can i do?

Reply 1 of 2, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Does the internet connection work fine otherwise? Maybe one of your neighbors made a change to their wifi that is causing interference. I suggest trying with cables on both computers and see if that makes a difference.

Reply 2 of 2, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yeah the internet connection works perfectly,no problem at all,navigating and downloading fine.i wanted to try that lan cables thing on two pc as well,but then i thought that it was strange that it used to work perfectly some weeks ago with a pc connected to the wifi and my pc to the lan cable. about my neighbours changing settings is highly unlikely,as the only neighbours here are two old couples 😜