VOGONS

Common searches

Far Cry

Topic actions

Reply 265 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unfortunately, I don't have it installed anymore so I couldn't confirm it.

Is that just the regular x32 version without the exclusive content? Does it happen in the x64 version too with/without the exclusive content patch?

Is the motion blur off? Looks like it ...

Does it still happen in Windows Xp?

Can it be reproduced in WineD3D too?

Reply 266 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Also, did anyone manage to make the DOT3 bumpmapping, specular lighting work without texture bugs?

They are off by default, when turned on the sunlit textures on ground or in the distance lose completely their detail and indoors, the effects are not applied on floors, walls ...

Reply 267 of 389, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VS11 wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have it installed anymore so I couldn't confirm it. […]
Show full quote

Unfortunately, I don't have it installed anymore so I couldn't confirm it.

Is that just the regular x32 version without the exclusive content? Does it happen in the x64 version too with/without the exclusive content patch?

Is the motion blur off? Looks like it ...

Does it still happen in Windows Xp?

Can it be reproduced in WineD3D too?

Moving=Changing Aim from A to B, not moving around the camera

Reply 270 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

- Do you have the possibility to test it in Windows Xp too?

- How about the x64 version with & without the exclusive patch? If this happens in there too, it's a problem.

- By the way, what is the level of AA applied?

Reply 273 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Use r_displayinfo = 1. The SM version used is displayed on the screen.

SM3 should be on by default if you have the Lighting set on very high in the ingame menu.
Also if you maxed out the ingame graphical settings through that menu you end up with r_Quality_BumpMapping = "3" too.

Reply 274 of 389, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know, with Dege's DLL I got SM1 ('cause it's the actual/intended scope of the release), without it (MS Windows D3D9) I got SM3.
Bumpmapping is automatically set to 2 with Dege/SM1 and to 3 with MS/SM3.

With SM3 + Bumpmapping=3 I get the issue.
SM3 is important for shadows, so I'll keep it and try to manually override the bumpmapping quality forcing "2".

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, it's not the best solution at all (if working).

Reply 275 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There still remains the question if Windows Xp displays it correctly or if the x64 version with or without the exclusive content patch does it.

SM3 was introduced in the 1.2 patch, so chances are that if such a bug would have arose it could have been easily observed and addressed in the subsequent releases.

Reply 278 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I hopefully might be able to test it in the x64 version soon since some of the content was either changed or new one introduced as far as game assets go, levels were changed(new objects with bump mapping applied on, terrain texture shader and so on).

Unfortunately, I don't have a Xp machine to test that theory too.

Reply 279 of 389, by Res1s7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I assume everyone knows about the SilentPatch fix. I saw it mentioned in the thread but not specifically as a high performance fix for the land mass reflections. The way this guy sleuthed the solution is quite impressive. Far Cry 1 forever !