VOGONS

Common searches

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 188, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would have liked to test it on the 7950GX2 , but sadly its broken (it still doesn't work properly, while the board I thought was broken , was fine, it just needed be new PSU which is on its way) , I would imagine that might run the game somewhat better but honestly Ive found that in most games the frame rate differences between it and the X1900 are at best 5 frames, at least at 1600X1200 or less.

guess the game isn't as unfriendly to newer hardware as we thought, it certainly helps.

Reply 41 of 188, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Darkman wrote:

Just tried the game on my rebuilt WinXP machine using an X1900XT and the 10.2 drivers , the lighting seems to display correctly

the frame rate isn't the highest but it is running in 1600X1200 , so that doesn't help it. Also i had EAX HD enabled while using an SBLive card (at least for now, I will get get an X-fi or Audigy2 at some point) so that might also be eating into CPU resources. I would assume these are the best ATI cards one can use with the game, and probably some of the best overall (apart from maybe an X1900XTX and 7950GX2)

Could you try XP drivers on vista? (Vista drivers are reported to work only partially)

Otherwise, if somebody owns a nvidia, I'd like him to check the exact driver release (between 175.80 and 177.26) that breaks everything under XP

Last edited by mirh on 2014-12-19, 17:57. Edited 1 time in total.

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 42 of 188, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mirh wrote:
Darkman wrote:

Just tried the game on my rebuilt WinXP machine using an X1900XT and the 10.2 drivers , the lighting seems to display correctly

the frame rate isn't the highest but it is running in 1600X1200 , so that doesn't help it. Also i had EAX HD enabled while using an SBLive card (at least for now, I will get get an X-fi or Audigy2 at some point) so that might also be eating into CPU resources. I would assume these are the best ATI cards one can use with the game, and probably some of the best overall (apart from maybe an X1900XTX and 7950GX2)

Could you try XP drivers on vista?

Otherwise, if somebody owns a nvidia, I'd like him to check the exact driver release (between 175.80 and 177.26) that breaks everything under XP

sadly I don't actually own any Vista CDs to install it. the other problem is that I don't want to power on this PC right now as Im waiting for a better PSU for this system , right now Im using an Enermax 370w PSU (and thats with an A64 X2, so yeah , its not ideal) , I just built the machine to test the board and see if it works , as well as install Windows and a couple of games. . once I get the Antec 480w PSU we will see.

Reply 43 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Been checking out various let's play and walkthrough videos on YouTube. Haven't found (m)any with correct graphics. Many players play in night vision mode most of the time which is really boring to watch.

There is this level later with a TV station and a search light in the centre that rotates. The lights and shadows are totally absent but you can kinda guess what is going on. Thinking of starting some let's play videos.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 46 of 188, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote:
mirh wrote:

Wtf is this??

It mods INI files for ATi Catalyst to allow newer driver revisions on outdated ATi/AMD GPUs?

Actually, something gives me the feeling there could even be some additional magic involved (where for magic I mean something I don't really know)

At least I can't believe they could have last year drivers for windows 8.1 working with a 2005 graphics card that was last mentioned in release notes in 2007, whose series is no longer listed since 2009 and theoretically received last update ever in 2010 (with the discontinuing of DX9 gpus).
And if it wasn't that AGP has always been problematic.. who knows? You could even have omega drivers working

Besides, back on topic I would be curious to know if anything got spoiled after a certain release (like in nvidia drivers) or everything is still intact

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 47 of 188, by Alex Virata

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody!
This is my first post on this forum! YEAHHH!
Anyway, to the point...
I don't know if the following information is relevant any longer, I assume it is after reading the posts.
The game works just fine on Windows 7. I'm using Vista drivers because I couldn't find the right drivers for my Mobility Radeon x1400. (there are many drivers for win7 but none of them worked, I guess I could modify the ini files). In my opinion, this is rather awesome, since one doesn't have to run an unsupported OS in order to run the game right.
I'm sorry phil for not replying any time sooner.
I wish you all, a wonderful new year!

PD: I messed up registering and I wrote my user name wrong in 2 ways, I typed my name and I typed it wrong. I suppose I'll have to ctc an admin or something, since the User Control Panel doesn't allow to change the user name.

Reply 48 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Alex Virata wrote:

Hello everybody!
This is my first post on this forum! YEAHHH!

Hi!

Of course your post is relevant 😀

Lots of people are struggling to get this game to work on W7!

I mentioned you in my video http://youtu.be/5HDnUxSfFsI

Another person tested in on a HD2000 series card and it didn't work.

So my conclusion is that GeForce 7 or ATI Radeon X1900 are the last series to display this game correctly.

PD: I messed up registering and I wrote my user name wrong in 2 ways, I typed my name and I typed it wrong. I suppose I'll have to ctc an admin or something, since the User Control Panel doesn't allow to change the user name.

Yes the admins are very friendly and will help you out no doubt.

Reply 49 of 188, by Alex Virata

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Awesome!
What's the problem with Win7?
For me the Windows drivers worked, even with Aero, but the performance was so abysmal that I had to find real drivers. And again, these drivers are for Windows Vista, Driver Packaging Version: 8.31.100.3.2-061124a2-039454C-Toshiba. I don't think it's the OS causing problems, it must be driver related.
Sometimes, the drivers developer guys become jesters, and like to troll the users removing "features" from previous drivers. Probably for compatibility and stability but I like to think they do it just for a laugh.
The only thing I can think of doing, is to install win7 on a PC with XP and the game working without problems and then derp arround with drivers. Just like my grand grand grand father told me to do before he died.
Cheers mate!

Reply 50 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all S.C. fans,
My first post. 😀 Yeyyy.

I also tested the game with an nvidia 6800 GT AGP and the shadows are there. Performance is not so good. Not tried other dirvers because the system is very old, takes a lot of time

Next week i will test the game with 7900 GTX extreme and an nvidia 7950Gx2. These beeing PCIe can fit into my other PC, more powerfull.
Let's hope all is ok and may be i'll manage to find out which driver is the(very) last driver that is working.
I downloaded all the nvidia drivers(beta included).
Any chance you know some software that opens cab files of nvidia drivers.? May be we can manage to see what breaks the game, which dll and maybe we can replace the files that breaks the game

See you soon

Reply 51 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi daniel_u!

This might help...

ddaazzaa wrote:

I've spent a bit of time the past couple of days experimenting with drivers for both ATI and Nvidia on Windows XP Pro SP2.
With a GeForce 6800GT (AGP) the lighting showed correctly up to driver 175.80 (Beta). The last WHQL driver that works is 175.16.
Nvidia released the 177 drivers after that and the lighting is broken. The 177 release happens to coincide with the release of the 9800GTX.

I didn't have a 6800GT but found that the 6600GT wasn't any faster in this game than the FX5950 Ultra which surprised me a little bit. The GeForce 7 series, at least the faster models, love this game 😀 The 7800 GTX runs it fine even at 1600 x 1200 so the 7900 GTX should have no trouble with this game.

Reply 53 of 188, by ddaazzaa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
philscomputerlab wrote:

The GeForce 7 series, at least the faster models, love this game 😀 The 7800 GTX runs it fine even at 1600 x 1200 so the 7900 GTX should have no trouble with this game.

I can confirm the lighting works fine with the 7900GTX on Win XP

Reply 54 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ddaazzaa wrote:
philscomputerlab wrote:

The GeForce 7 series, at least the faster models, love this game 😀 The 7800 GTX runs it fine even at 1600 x 1200 so the 7900 GTX should have no trouble with this game.

I can confirm the lighting works fine with the 7900GTX on Win XP

Nice!

I also got a 7900 GTX as of today 😊

What driver are you using? I'm using quite an old one, 94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql. Just before the 8 series came out.

Reply 55 of 188, by ddaazzaa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
philscomputerlab wrote:

Nice!
I also got a 7900 GTX as of today 😊
What driver are you using? I'm using quite an old one, 94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql. Just before the 8 series came out.

I used 169.21. I didn't have time to test any more though. I imagine that anything from the 7900GTX release drivers 84.21 to 175 should work fine. What the best/most optimal driver is I'm not too sure.

Reply 56 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Good news my friends ..I managed to have SCPT working on WIN7 x64.
I installed omega drivers nvidia_omega_vista64_116925.exe. My GPU is 7950GX2.

The shadows are there ....much joy.

Edit1:
It appears that I've been wrong, but in a good way.
I saw Control Panel that the latest 307.83 where still there(so basically I had 2 sets of drivers). I uninstalled all the video drivers and tried to clean install omega drivers. Guess what,the driver didn't even install properly.The game didn't even start. Just wow.

Well...i re-done all my previous steps . Install 307.83. Install omega drivers....over. It works. the old NVidia CP will be available. SLI does not work(tried and the drivers will crash..will need to install again the omega drivers). Do not change any settings. Start the game....and bam...shadows.
It's strange I know. I installed like this by mistake. 😀

Can anyone test if this works on other pc's pls. I have other software installed on this machine. I need to know if other factors are involved.

cAEiVhS.jpg
QqeT81r.png?2

Edit1 pic
jvQmXPH.jpg

Reply 58 of 188, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm thinking that you may be referring to my post? I didn't grab any screenshots unfortunately, but you or anyone who owns Win8/8.1 and Pandora Tomorrow could try it out, it's pretty easy to do. Performance just isn't there yet though.

I played through the first three games and found them a blast, mostly. Chaos Theory in particular I found to be truly fantastic.
I simply can't fathom how Ubisoft fucked up the PC releases this bad though. I wanted to give Double Agent a try, but there are lightning issues in this one too, even more severe than in Pandora Tomorrow! And the game is still being sold on Steam at its current form. Grats Ubisoft! 😵

Reply 59 of 188, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
F2bnp wrote:

I'm thinking that you may be referring to my post? I didn't grab any screenshots unfortunately, but you or anyone who owns Win8/8.1 and Pandora Tomorrow could try it out, it's pretty easy to do. Performance just isn't there yet though.

Is it playable @1280x720? Your system specs? Thanks in advance!